Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Silence again from the board.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Silence again from the board.

This thread currently has 2,613 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Phil the cod
October 28, 2023, 7:19pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +5 / -5
Approval: -332
Gold Stars: 61
Quoted from realist

Read a dictionary

Where were all these rabid Marxist corbynistas when the good traditional working class of Grimsby were voting a Tory member of parliament in?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 36
Theimperialcoroner
October 28, 2023, 7:20pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,210
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from realist

I was using it in the modern context of those who have progressive values, and work against equalities.
This is ok but in my view doesn't work in the hard world of business. The guardian set obviously disagree but have to debase their arguments with insults

Is that the hard world of business where both our owner have been incredibly successful and have made significant money whilst regularly being acknowledged as running the best places to work in the country?

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 36
realist
October 28, 2023, 7:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,685
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from supertown
Woke is an adjective derived from African-American Vernacular English (AAVE) meaning "alert to racial prejudice and discrimination".

Really struggling to see your point 🤷🏼‍♂️

Language and words evolve. Can be used in a different context to the original racial context.
Eg. In my early years I could be gay but heterosexual. Meanings change
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 36
TAGG
October 28, 2023, 7:35pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 126
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

How about we give them time to sack him before he’s left the ground?

Good call mate, they did

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 36
The Caterham Mariner
October 28, 2023, 7:37pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +89
Gold Stars: 8
STOP... steady on fellahs it's early doors!
Me i will sleep on it see how i feel in the morning.
Again a new chapter  has begun for "Town" dare  i say  "Bitching at each other!" ain't going to get us nowhere.
We have been down this road before.
The players must be like rabbits  caught  in the headlights not sure  which way to run.
See you at Slough  see what happens next . Some you / us/ me have supported "Town" along time good and times  and bad
Here we go again joys of being a mariners fan.
UTM2023--24

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 36
WesternMariner
October 28, 2023, 9:46pm

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +926
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from realist

Language and words evolve. Can be used in a different context to the original racial context.
Eg. In my early years I could be gay but heterosexual. Meanings change

Here’s a meaning that hasn’t changed. You’re a pillock

All men are equal before fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 36
Lincoln Mariner 56
October 28, 2023, 10:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
It makes you wonder what sort of ownership certain members of our fan base actually want or would support? Appreciate that results have been poor and many fans, including myself, wanted a change in management but I also fully understand why the board gave PH that little bit longer than many of us probably thought appropriate.

Hurst has always divided opinion but overall he’s been a decent manager and as many of our supporters, aged 25 and under, is the only Manager to have delivered them a promotion and the memorable week or two as we won our last promotion was surely worth an extra couple of weeks.

We now move on and like every town fan I look forward to who takes over and wish them well but I will never forget the Notts. County and Wrexham euphoria so thanks for that Paul and good luck for the future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 36
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Silence again from the board.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.