DB
October 27, 2023, 3:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,021
Gold Stars: 386
It sounds as if Green & Harry will play. Make of the rest as you wish

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
lew chaterleys lover
October 27, 2023, 4:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,714
Gold Stars: 237
Quoted from DB

Cartwright might get a chance as well - it wasn't a ringing endorsement of Eastwood. If Cartwight can't shift Eastwood there is something seriously amiss.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 23
chaos33
October 27, 2023, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
I suspect I’m like thousands of others - behind the boys tomorrow but fearing/half expecting another defeat and a supporter meltdown. 😐

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 23
It Bites
October 27, 2023, 5:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,193
Gold Stars: 265
I thought Paul looked relaxed and spoke well , he always does though tbf
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 23
GrimPol
October 27, 2023, 7:05pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +3 / -7
Approval: -669
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from DB

Interviewer:  Well Paul now the camera is switched off and the audio recording, why are we in such a mess and at the bottom?
PH:            Well I blame the lads, they just won't listen. Especially Easty, I shout to him to save it, and he doesn't, what can you do?
Interviewer: Well Paul you.....
PH:             Amos is another, just kicks them down the line thinking Rosie is on a motorbike. What can you do?  Did you know I only took him on so I didn't get a crick in my neck taking all the lads?
Interviewer: But Paul you did take these players on, so they must been taken on with a plan in mind?
PH:           Plan? They were taken on because their old Gaffers said they were brilliant, they were sorry to lose them. What a nice bunch of Gaffers these lads had., do you know when I closed the door there was a spontaneous burst of laughter. They are cards aren't they?
Interviewer:  Yes I suppose, but we are in position 20 and 4 points off the drop, arent you worried?
PH:           Staff the lads and I are quite relaxed about it. Do you know straight after the Colchester match, the lads turned the table upside down and made out we were 5th from top.  That's the kind of spirit the lads have, what a bunch of cards they are.
Interviewer: But Paul you must have a plan the have us move up the table, away from relegation, and hopefully playoffs.
PH:          Don't you worry your head about that. Me the lads and the staff have been sweating over the Stats, Data and spreadsheets that have cost us literally thousands and have come up with a cunning plan, which of course cannot leave this room. We have decided for the Donny match,  that if we score more than we let in at Donny, 3 points is ours. It's revolutionary thinking this, and we will repeat it at every match.
Interviewer: Jesus wept.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 23
LH
October 27, 2023, 9:22pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,526
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from chaos33
I suspect I’m like thousands of others - behind the boys tomorrow but fearing/half expecting another defeat and a supporter meltdown. 😐

70/30 it’ll be a new Halifax 2016 but I hope it’s not and it’s the start of a 20 match winning run, obviously. The players look devoid of confidence so I’d like to see us back them from the stand all game tomorrow.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 23
moosey_club
October 27, 2023, 9:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,258
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH

70/30 it’ll be a new Halifax 2016 but I hope it’s not and it’s the start of a 20 match winning rung, obviously. The players look devoid of confidence so I’d like to see us back them from the stand all game tomorrow.

They will get backed right upto any point where we either do something disastrous or stupid. The crowd havnt properly turned yet but they are on a very narrow edge....
Can go either way but really need to take the lead, or at least the initiative, a load of turning backwards and sideways from promising positions won't cut it.
Just hope it's a better watch than last seasons game which was awful for 90 mins but brilliant for 5 🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 23
headingly_mariner
October 27, 2023, 10:23pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,363
Gold Stars: 113
I love him. Come on Hursty turn it around.

I think we will get a performance and a result tomorrow. I'll be gutted if we don't.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 23
immariner
October 27, 2023, 10:59pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
He does sound relaxed, which is good to see. We're obviously not doing as well right now as anyone would want nor really expect but the man now has a 10 year affinity with this club over two spells, that's massive in the modern game and counts for far more than I think a lot realise right now. It was Rotherham in his playing career and it's now virtually Town in his managerial career. Far from it for me to imply he has some sort of job for life but to me he's earnt the right to have an underwhelming start to the season. And regardless of when the end of his time here comes, whether that's after tomorrow's game (I bloody hope not), or years in the future, can we not just have respect and decency aimed at him? Get right flipping behind him and the players tomorrow and if we do lose, please try and keep your emotions in check. If we win, go flipping mental!

Come on the town!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 23
chaos33
October 28, 2023, 8:53am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
One thing that won’t help will be the crowd abusing the players and singing things like ‘we’re f***ing sh1t’ if we’re losing.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 23
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Hurst Prematch Donny

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.