2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
jonnyboy82
October 15, 2023, 8:24am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.28
Rep Score: +71 / -36
Approval: +5,688
Gold Stars: 95
I really don't want to come across as I'm telling everyone how to vent there feelings atm towards Hurst but let's keep it respectful towards him at least

the guy has been a servant for our club through the years and with all the justification of criticism towards him right now  he doesn't deserve to be called a "clown" etc , I'm certainly frustrated right now too but we cant do this by getting personal.

The man has certainly got questions to answer right now but we have to remember the success he's given us and treat him with the respect he deserves.

One things for sure things can't carry on like this.

GTFC
Logged Offline
Private Message
fishcake63
October 15, 2023, 8:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Totally agree
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
chaos33
October 15, 2023, 8:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,937
Gold Stars: 360
You’re right Jonny

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
MuddyWaters
October 15, 2023, 8:55am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,257
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from jonnyboy82
I really don't want to come across as I'm telling everyone how to vent there feelings atm towards Hurst but let's keep it respectful towards him at least

the guy has been a servant for our club through the years and with all the justification of criticism towards him right now  he doesn't deserve to be called a "clown" etc , I'm certainly frustrated right now too but we cant do this by getting personal.

The man has certainly got questions to answer right now but we have to remember the success he's given us and treat him with the respect he deserves.

One things for sure things can't carry on like this.

I think anyone who has gone to the last few home games can see there’s a problem whether it’s Jason Stockwood (very quiet on social media) or one of us.

You’re right. Paul Hurst deserves our respect and it would be wise for some to remember that. I don’t think every Town fan needs reminding about the cupped ear and, whilst most have forgiven, the relationship between manager and fans is never as good as it might have been given his achievements.

For me, and I said this after Barrow, a manager has a shelf life at a club and there comes a time when it goes stale. Something isn’t right. The muted goal celebrations, the body language, Danny Rose refusing a hand shake.

That sort of thing doesn’t get turned round easily.

Regarding yesterday, the only thing that kept us in the game was how poor Accy were. Was it a watershed moment yesterday? I think so.

Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
It Bites
October 15, 2023, 9:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.45
Rep Score: +4 / -10
Approval: +2,212
Gold Stars: 265
Absolutely. He’s not a clown he’s not a totw either and I’d be gutted if he was nominated for that . He’s a good bloke and deserves respect BUT that doesn’t change my opinion that his time is up . I just think he’s surrounded himself with the wrong people . He needs a reboot and that includes getting rid of Doig
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Spurn boy
October 15, 2023, 9:28am

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,240
Gold Stars: 29
As much as I respect Paul Hurst as a manager and for what he has done for the club I do feel he doesn’t understand the frustrations of us suffering supporters and makes no effort to address this in his post match interviews, if he would just come out and apologise for that performance yesterday but no he just blames the wind for poor performance of the players when it is so obviously that the team doesn’t know how to play a system or even what systems they are supposed to be playing. UTM

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
pen penfras
October 15, 2023, 9:31am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from It Bites
Absolutely. He’s not a clown he’s not a totw either and I’d be gutted if he was nominated for that . He’s a good bloke and deserves respect BUT that doesn’t change my opinion that his time is up . I just think he’s surrounded himself with the wrong people . He needs a reboot and that includes getting rid of Doig

He won't get rid of Doig. There were people who thought Doig was a negative influence last time around and Hurst stood by him, the same at Ipswich.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
October 15, 2023, 9:37am
Guest User
Quoted from MuddyWaters

I think anyone who has gone to the last few home games can see there’s a problem whether it’s Jason Stockwood (very quiet on social media) or one of us.

You’re right. Paul Hurst deserves our respect and it would be wise for some to remember that. I don’t think every Town fan needs reminding about the cupped ear and, whilst most have forgiven, the relationship between manager and fans is never as good as it might have been given his achievements.

For me, and I said this after Barrow, a manager has a shelf life at a club and there comes a time when it goes stale. Something isn’t right. The muted goal celebrations, the body language, Danny Rose refusing a hand shake.

That sort of thing doesn’t get turned round easily.

Regarding yesterday, the only thing that kept us in the game was how poor Accy were. Was it a watershed moment yesterday? I think so.

He is not David4Names.

Reply: 7 - 11
bedders78
October 15, 2023, 11:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +3 / -3
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 12
Trying to take the emotion of being a football club out of the current situation for a minute and look at it as a business.  Not an easy task as the emotion is why we return every match.

1878 take over a failing business that has under-performed for years, bring back a production manager who had previous achieved good results.  After a slow start, the business has 2 excellent yearly results but Q1 of year 3 is below expectation. I would expect some hard questions of the manager and some investigation of the underlying issues, but the manager with a good track record of getting results given the chance to improve the situation.

Personally I thought we created several high quality chances (better than the Barrow game),before the sending off, but without actually playing with any rhythm. Hugely frustrating as a fan but a change still feels like a gamble with the odds against us

Grim Outlook exile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
TAGG
October 15, 2023, 12:02pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 126
You can see from the atmosphere at home games and the dwindle away support (although still very good) that the fans are now divorced from the team and management, sort of a decree nisi.
It's now time for Stockwood and Hurst to sign the decree absolute and part ways.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Let's keep it respectful

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.