Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Crawley (h)
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum

Crawley (h)

This thread currently has 1,069 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
CSLM
September 20, 2023, 11:43pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
I am kind of annoyed with myself saying this but it does feel like quite an important game.

If we win comfortably everything will be ok. If we don't score and/or get beat, there will likely be some very negative opinions going around. Hurst, the players, and ridiculously the owners.

I haven't posted on the thread but I think we have definitely improved on what we had last season. Some of the investments in players are looking like very good business, how much could Conteh and Rodgers be worth?
Saying that there is the clear issue up top and creating enough chances to challenge the top 7 is something that needs sorting.

Fair play to Crawley, they were everyone's relegation banker but they are flying high so far.
Sounds like they have some decent players and they are full of confidence so this could be very tricky.

I think, hope, that we have enough to win the game.
Get a decent win on Saturday and get back in to the top half and things will be looking positive.
We have got some very, very good players for this level and if we can get things clicking we could have a great season.

See you at BP.......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
September 21, 2023, 9:38am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,611
Gold Stars: 1,503
The only thing worse than a Town defeat on Saturday is a 0-1 defeat with Orsi getting the winner. I think I’ll give this place some distance if that happens.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
ska face
September 21, 2023, 9:52am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,666
Gold Stars: 847
Town 14-0 Crawley

Can’t see anything else I’m afraid.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
CSLM
September 21, 2023, 11:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +645
Gold Stars: 12
Quoted from Poojah
The only thing worse than a Town defeat on Saturday is a 0-1 defeat with Orsi getting the winner. I think I’ll give this place some distance if that happens.

True mate.

Feels like we could've done with Orsi these last few weeks even just to give Rose a rest.
We might have seen more from him with the better footballers we have now to be fair but we'll never know.
I quite liked him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
Poojah
September 21, 2023, 11:21am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from CSLM

True mate.

Feels like we could've done with Orsi these last few weeks even just to give Rose a rest.
We might have seen more from him with the better footballers we have now to be fair but we'll never know.
I quite liked him.

I think it’s one of those ones where, at the time, everybody is generally nodding in agreement that it’s probably the right thing for all concerned - despite his efforts in the cup run, he didn’t really pull up any trees in the league.

As of right now though, with circumstances as they are and with the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably prefer he was fit and available for us right now rather than Crawley. Hey ho.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
HerveJosse
September 21, 2023, 11:38am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Quoted from Poojah

I think it’s one of those ones where, at the time, everybody is generally nodding in agreement that it’s probably the right thing for all concerned - despite his efforts in the cup run, he didn’t really pull up any trees in the league.

As of right now though, with circumstances as they are and with the benefit of hindsight, I’d probably prefer he was fit and available for us right now rather than Crawley. Hey ho.

Difficult to pull up trees when your not picked. How many League games did he start?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
Poojah
September 21, 2023, 11:42am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from HerveJosse

Difficult to pull up trees when your not picked. How many League games did he start?

5 I believe. 24 league appearances in total; 2 goals.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
toontown
September 21, 2023, 1:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,280
Gold Stars: 70
Yeah, not bothered about him leaving but in practice we'd now be better off with him here as we haven't got the numbers or quality of strikers in we needed (again).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Crawley (h)

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.