aldi_01
August 29, 2023, 6:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from bradzmilne

I’ve seen the ground hopping tours of the Netherlands.

Believe Mike Dean is a big advocate of them.

Might look at it moving forward

I’d just do it yourself, can please yourself and get tickets you want and in decent places.

I agree about lazio, it’s the same when I go to Hellas, some would hate it behind the goal but I love it. Italian football is simple though; wanna sit and watch the game, sit down the side stand. Want to get involved, get behind the goal…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 23
Son of Cod
August 29, 2023, 7:03pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Me and my four best mates from back home have each been putting £20 in an account for years with the idea of going to the Euros next summer for our 40ths. I was badgering everyone for ages to get signed up for the England travel club and get to some home qualifiers/friendlies with me and maybe an away qualifier or two to get our points up but it fell on deaf ears, so the plan was changed to just going and not getting tickets but just going wherever England where. Fine. Then six months ago one of them decided he's not bothered about going Germany. So the plan changed again to a little tour of a few countries for some end of season matches in a few countries. Now one of them has turned around and said he doesn't wanna go to any footy at all so we're just going on a normal holiday. I guess I should be excited and grateful that I've got mates to do this with but I'm still a bit copulated off to be honest!
Quoted from Mappers

What's been your favourite ?

I have been to a good few , lot's of random one's though - I did Braga ,Porto and Besitkas which were all pretty decent and unique in their own way .

Went to Havant yesterday , good family club - it seems less serious the lower you go .

I really want to do Dortmund , going to try hard to get a ticket for the Euros next year for that - not sure it will be so easy .

Braga is on my list. Love that stadium.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 23
Mappers
August 29, 2023, 8:27pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from bradzmilne

Porto is beautiful, stadium was nice too.

Would love to go to Besiktas… How was that as an English fan?  

Horses for courses, in regards to picking a favourite.

I love Italian football, the first ground I did was Lazio & I’ll always have a soft spot for them. However, the was fierce and there undoubtedly scary undertone being stood in the Curva Nord… It didn’t bother me but it would have others.

St. Petersburg for a World Cup Semi & Wembley for a euros final.

Saw games out in Rwanda too, while I was out doing some work.

Too many genuinely special memories to pick one. I’m very aware I’m an absolute nerd but we all get our kicks somehow!

However, home is where the heart is… Nothing quite compares to BP.

I can get hold of Dortmund tickets, I thought it was a little bit touristy but it’s another “must do” for anyone interested in that type of thing. Just PM me if you need any assistance.

Besitkas was amazing , crazy atmosphere there tbf , I didn't have any problems with their fans they all seemed pretty nice , I know there has been trouble in the past but Istanbul is an amazing city ; i went with my wife and kids (not to the game ) and they were very welcoming and friendly .

That's great you have done so many grounds  , I don't think you are a nerd everyone's got their thing .

I will let you know about Dortmund , if i get no luck for the Euros for sure .

Cheers
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 23
Mappers
August 29, 2023, 8:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.45
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,340
Gold Stars: 119
Quoted from Son of Cod
Me and my four best mates from back home have each been putting £20 in an account for years with the idea of going to the Euros next summer for our 40ths. I was badgering everyone for ages to get signed up for the England travel club and get to some home qualifiers/friendlies with me and maybe a qualifier or two to get our points up but it fell on deaf ears, so the plan was changed to just going and not getting tickets but just going wherever England where. Fine. Then six months ago one of them decided he's not bothered about going Germany. So the plan changed again to a little tour of a few countries for some end of season matches in a few countries. Now one of them has turned around and said he doesn't wanna go to any footy at all so we're just going on a normal holiday. I guess I should be excited and grateful that I've got mates to do this with but I'm still a bit copulated off to be honest!

Braga is on my list. Love that stadium.

That's a shame  , I was the same for Brazil world cup was setup to go for years , and then just didn't end up going . Regret it a bit now .

Bragas ace , great town to .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 23
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Football pyramid challenge

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.