Heisenberg
August 15, 2023, 11:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,067
Gold Stars: 93

Ferguson’s contracted until 2028.

I suspect Brighton will hold out for a minimum of £80m given what Man Utd paid for Hojlund.

If Man Utd think they can get Ferguson for £50m they’re dreaming. Potentially great player, just wish he was English.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
diehardmariner
August 15, 2023, 11:58am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Southampton had this knack previously for buying talent, selling at a huge profit margin and then bringing in someone better/cheaper.  

Going a bit further back, Newcastle did this with their French production line of talent.

It only lasts so long because you're only ever a couple of disappointing signings away from a terrible season.

Brighton have proved to be a joy to watch in the last few years and I would love to see them genuinely challenge for a top four place.  But ultimately the likes of Ferguson will get snapped up and that big income stream will just go towards servicing a debt down the line (at the minute Brighton are fortunate that the guy they owe gazillions to is a big fan).  
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
TownSNAFU5
August 15, 2023, 12:34pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,883
Gold Stars: 42
Ferguson played against Chelsea at age 14 in a friendly.  Set up the only goal for the Irish home team.  Brighton picked him up early and beat off top PL teams, including Liverpool.  

Can only go for very big money.  Already a PL striker at a top club as a teenager.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
mariner91
August 15, 2023, 2:44pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,653
Gold Stars: 262
Quoted from Heisenberg

If Man Utd think they can get Ferguson for £50m they’re dreaming. Potentially great player, just wish he was English.

He's got everything potentially. Big, strong, quick, good finisher and good on the ball. Like you say, potentially an excellent player.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Rick12
August 16, 2023, 6:39am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from TownSNAFU5

Back to Brighton, Ferguson is also still a teenager and scoring goals.  He played against us as well.  His future transfer could be astronomical.
I think Ferguson from what I've seen of him so far on TV eg match of the day , occasional live game  is a decent young  prospect but a lot depends on his development at his club plus  mental aptitude to want to improve in all areas both physically, technically and emotionally. I like the look of Garnacho though more  who impressed me a lot at the end of last season with Man Utd. Hungry and tried to make things happen.

I look at the likes of say Christiano Ronaldo who whilst being guilty of tax evasion and in truth probably guilty of some part in sexual crimes against a woman who he had sexual liaisons and then payed of which is a huge shame . In spite of that I feel you have to give some credit for his desire to want to succeed on the football pitch which he has  done incredibly well in  . Didn't really  touch the drink due to loosing his dad to alcohol as a young man and then showing discipline and desire to keep wanting to improve . I note Rio Ferdinand said something in a clip a few years back to Man city youngsters in which Phil Foden was one of them. Ronaldo was never content and always kept wanting to push the levels ,eg get in the under 18 side  ,not happy with that ,get in the under 21 not happy with that ,get in the first team,not happy with that  and so forth. Likewise some of the clips of players in their 30s eg Nasri, original Ronaldo who all were overweight and Ronaldo in his late 30s still looking physically elite is commendable.

I've seen similar attitudes touched on in other sports eg with a boxer for one who made his pro debut recently . Guy came from a deprived area in Africa but the hunger he had to improve in the clip  was very moving given how much hardship he had to experience poverty wise especially.

Likewise as much as some hate religion on here I think it can be a bonus to up and coming young footballers which I think is worth touching on. There's a lad I know who plays for a Belgium division pro  side who uses his Christian faith to help him become a better person. Regularly trains on his own and puts in the extra . I know for a fact other footballers do the same.

Ps one for KnutsAndersFostersVoles. Jesus for me was a holy man who died for a good cause and whilst I don't personally think he walked on water the impact he made on others around him for the better in helping them improve their lives can only be a force for good.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
Maringer
August 16, 2023, 7:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,526
Gold Stars: 185
I don't think I've ever seen sex crimes described as a shame before. Perhaps that and the tax dodging are what keep this notoriously egotistical professional sportsman in good shape?

I understand that Stanley Matthews wasn't the nicest chap (though no sexual impropriety insinuated) and he kept on playing professionally into his 50s, so maybe there is something in it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
Rick12
August 16, 2023, 7:53am
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from Maringer
I don't think I've ever seen sex crimes described as a shame before. Perhaps that and the tax dodging are what keep this notoriously egotistical professional sportsman in good shape?

I understand that Stanley Matthews wasn't the nicest chap (though no sexual impropriety insinuated) and he kept on playing professionally into his 50s, so maybe there is something in it.
He's done a bit more than you in football has Stanley so deserves to be respected a bit more  .

Put it in context Maringer. Everyone on this earth has sinned albeit some more than others. Noone is pure on this earth and never will be.

It's what I love about football . Reflects life in many ways. Always room for improvement.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
diehardmariner
August 16, 2023, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,628
Gold Stars: 539
Well....

Moisés Caicedo to the benefit of religion via the sex and tax crimes of an ego-manic in a handful of posts.

Even by the standards of The Fishy that's some going.

I'll just add into the mix before someone else gets there first...If we put Ronaldo in the empty corner between the Main Stand and the Pontoon, would we get Omar Bogle back?

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
LH
August 16, 2023, 11:47am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,527
Gold Stars: 173
I’m starting to think Rick12 constructs his post via ChatGPT.
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
Rick12
August 16, 2023, 12:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from LH
I’m starting to think Rick12 constructs his post via ChatGPT.
I admit LH I can go a bit deep sometimes .

It's linked to trying to understand though why is there so much suffering on this earth albeit some more than others having seen tragedy befall a very close friend (amongst other things)who aren't here no more and died young.

It's what I like about football though. Brings a lot of happiness to many (most of the time😉) at the end of a hard week at work.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Brighton

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.