This thread currently has 3,280 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
August 6, 2023, 11:36pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,059
Gold Stars: 197

Whatever happens from now on Luke Waterfall has done a brilliant job for us, true professional.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
aldi_01
August 6, 2023, 11:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Why would you play a very right footed centre back on the left?

I never said that, I’d just play him over Maher, and besides, it wouldn’t make much difference.

Worked with a former, very successful championship/league one centre half who was all right foot and played on the left hand side of a centre half pairing…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
Mappers
August 6, 2023, 11:52pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 5.43
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +4,318
Gold Stars: 117
Interested whether Luke is now 3rd or 4th choice for league games as Mularkey is meant to be decent there ,and obviously better on the ball which arr Paul seems to be prioritising . Will he bring Michee in or Waterfall if Maher /Rodgers get injured ?

They will get plenty of game time in the cups and with injuries you would have thought anyway - it will be interesting to see the Mansfield lineup on Tuesday .

Cartwright
Efete   Waterfall  Maher   Amos
                            Green
Khan/Wilson (if fit )Holahan Khouri    Gnohoua
                             Pyke

Still a solid 2nd XI
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
rancido
August 7, 2023, 8:00am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,570
Gold Stars: 96
Both Waterfall and Maher are good centre backs at this level. I prefer Maher because he is better at playing a ball out of defence, is still relatively young and improving all the time, plus he has the potential to have a longer future with us. Waterfall has one or maybe two seasons at this level but he won't let us down and would easily slot in when needed.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
Rick12
August 7, 2023, 8:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Agree with some of the sentiments in the opening post. I like Waterfalls attitude and he stood out for me when I saw Town play last season primarily because of that more so than any other player . Having said that Hurst sees the players week in week out in training and and will have his reasons for leaving him on the bench. Feel a bit gutted for him actually as after giving so much last season by all accounts after reading reports on him to be benched on the opening day must be hard. Such is football but ultimately the club comes first.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
Surrey97
August 7, 2023, 8:30am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +835
Gold Stars: 20
He’ll get plenty of games across the season. Smith, Maher and Waterfall all got plenty of games each last season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 20
diehardmariner
August 7, 2023, 9:35am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,614
Gold Stars: 538
I love Waterfall to bits but so far both Rodgers and Maher look streets ahead of him.

That's where we want to be.  The mainstays of yesterday become the support acts, hopefully in 2 years time we'll be looking at Rodgers and Maher as support acts as we continue to develop and evolve.
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
fishcake63
August 7, 2023, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Great character & leader if he leaves for pastures new he goes with my best wishes , will go down as a town legend , leading us to play off victory & who will ever forget his contribution at wrexham , then to last 8 of fa cup & top half finish , will be somebodys gain for sure
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
acko338
August 7, 2023, 4:03pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +43 / -6
Approval: +3,224
Gold Stars: 33
If he gets pitch time, he will give 110% and defy Hurst from dropping him again.

The others should be prepared to do the same if out of form or injured.

Every player position now has proper competition, so that is healthy to keep levels high.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
Garth
August 7, 2023, 5:03pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +55 / -13
Approval: +4,921
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from hampshiremariner
At the risk of being ridiculed, and from a distance, I was shocked that Luke was not in the team yesterday. I wonder what the season has in store for him. I admire this player immensely for his outstanding leadership. He has played a great part in the renaissance of the club. I hope he is not going to be a bit part player. Not injured is he? Or are the lads who played centre back better? If so, they must be pretty good.

He could have/ would have won the game yesterday with his outstanding ability to score from dead ball set pieces, should have been given the last 10 minutes at least
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 20
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Luke Waterfall

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.