1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 13, 2023, 10:48pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Am surprised this hasn’t been mentioned already on here. He’s come out and spoken about his awful upbringing in Milton Keynes. How he was sexually abused as a 6 year and running drugs and smoking by 8! 😳😳

The actual story I read is this one : https://apple.news/AeZE04d9zS3y0Ffw9Vr8eFA

But the interview with Gary Neville on the overlap tells of his time in rehab and addiction to sleeping tablets.  

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 13, 2023, 11:54pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +852
Gold Stars: 118
Unfortunately this kind of thing happens far too often and the abused is too scared to talk about it.

Its sad that things happened to such a well known name in football, but hopefully it will give others the confidence to speak up in future.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 6
aldi_01
July 14, 2023, 6:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
What’s even more sad is that someone in the media had gotten hold of the information and was threatening to release a story so he’s had to come out and talk about it sooner than he’s have liked too…adding even more trauma.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 6
Rick12
July 14, 2023, 7:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01
What’s even more sad is that someone in the media had gotten hold of the information and was threatening to release a story so he’s had to come out and talk about it sooner than he’s have liked too…adding even more trauma.
Makes me sick. Money is often at the root of all evil. As for Dele surprised to hear about his past but happy for him that he has had success in football.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 6
Maringer
July 14, 2023, 8:08am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,564
Gold Stars: 185
I've never been taken with Alli as a player. He did very well for Spurs after he broke through there, but never offered enough for England for me and won too many caps for his ability.

It seems he had a really terrible childhood - not just the 'tough upbringing' of many footballers - so has done incredibly well to get to the top level of the game. Hopefully, he can overcome his issues and get back to playing.

I always thought he was a bit petulant and was just coasting through his career on back of the talent he had rather than working hard, but he's obviously got a lot more to deal in his head than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 6
Rick12
July 14, 2023, 8:30am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Maringer
I've never been taken with Alli as a player. He did very well for Spurs after he broke through there, but never offered enough for England for me and won too many caps for his ability.

It seems he had a really terrible childhood - not just the 'tough upbringing' of many footballers - so has done incredibly well to get to the top level of the game. Hopefully, he can overcome his issues and get back to playing.

I always thought he was a bit petulant and was just coasting through his career on back of the talent he had rather than working hard, but he's obviously got a lot more to deal in his head than that.
I think it was Alex Ferguson that said though Dele Alli was one of the best England had when he was in the zone. On the subject of sexual abuse and football I know Patrice Evra experienced the same from listening to his book on google books audio. Interesting as well how the often deprived area where he was brought up in France having immigrated from Senegal  bore many talented footballers that went onto play professional. Likewise as a child was use to living in cramped conditions in France (he came from a family of 24 siblings). He cites the love and passion for the game and playing long hours with the ball as reasons for this success. What I like about Patrice Evra as well is despite early hardship both economical and emotional went onto become a success in the game . Likewise his personality often has made me laugh with some stuff he posts on his  instagram account. Good to see that he has tried to move on and not let negativity in his past by others  shape his present self .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 6
WOZOFGRIMSBY
July 14, 2023, 8:30am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,839
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from Maringer

Agree with this. Showed glimpses of what he was ‘about’ and his ability. Met him in 2015 at a hotel in Swindon and he was very quiet and shy. He reminded me of jermaine pennant while at Tottenham, a player with all the ability but the wrong attitude.

I suppose we never know what’s going on behind the scenes do we

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Dele Alli

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.