1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
July 7, 2023, 8:50pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +848
Gold Stars: 118
Hot with a chance of torrential downpours. The majority of the worst of the weather is going up the middle of the country and we seem to be on the very extremes of it. I dont think it will cause any problem but just be aware.

Incidentally, have we ever had a pre-season match called off because of the weather?
Logged Offline
Private Message
thornemariner
July 7, 2023, 9:11pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +662
Gold Stars: 22
Hot with a chance of torrential downpours. The majority of the worst of the weather is going up the middle of the country and we seem to be on the very extremes of it. I dont think it will cause any problem but just be aware.

Incidentally, have we ever had a pre-season match called off because of the weather?

Sheffield FC away I think. I can't remember which season.

I went to Brigg away in August 2011. I'm surprised we made it. There had been heavy thunderstorms in Lincolnshire but that was drizzle compared to what happened to us. As we were leaving Thorne there was an ongoing storm and then a cloudburst which dumped nine inches of rain in less than an hour. I have never seen anything like that in my life and doubt I will again.

Still, we made the game. Cold though. Soaked in the thirty seconds from the station platform to my lift in the car park. The road towards the motorway was impassable a minute later.

I'm not sure if Winterton away in 2007 (horrible wet summer) was washed out as well.
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
diehardmariner
July 7, 2023, 9:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,634
Gold Stars: 539
Pre-season tour in the South-West got partly abandoned because of the weather about 15 years ago.

Seem to think we won the tournament by default.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
moosey_club
July 7, 2023, 10:15pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,268
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from diehardmariner
Pre-season tour in the South-West got partly abandoned because of the weather about 15 years ago.

Seem to think we won the tournament by default.

The Errea tournament in Devon....our tent got destroyed in the night by a storm...slept in the car.
Luton officially won as we withdrew the day before due to safety concerns for Mike Newell as Luton fans were apparently out for blood.

Cracking little preseason tour that.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
AndyDarloFC
July 7, 2023, 10:30pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
Hope we avoid the weather as I wanna see some footy whilst I’m down.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 7
arryarryarry
July 8, 2023, 3:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,036
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from thornemariner

Sheffield FC away I think. I can't remember which season.

I went to Brigg away in August 2011. I'm surprised we made it. There had been heavy thunderstorms in Lincolnshire but that was drizzle compared to what happened to us. As we were leaving Thorne there was an ongoing storm and then a cloudburst which dumped nine inches of rain in less than an hour. I have never seen anything like that in my life and doubt I will again.

Still, we made the game. Cold though. Soaked in the thirty seconds from the station platform to my lift in the car park. The road towards the motorway was impassable a minute later.

I'm not sure if Winterton away in 2007 (horrible wet summer) was washed out as well.

I was there at the Sheffield FC game and am positive the game went ahead with thunder storms all around.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
thornemariner
July 8, 2023, 4:44am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +662
Gold Stars: 22
Quoted from arryarryarry

I was there at the Sheffield FC game and am positive the game went ahead with thunder storms all around.

I saw a midweek friendly at Sheffield FC once but think a scheduled Saturday match fell foul of the weather a few seasons later. May be wrong.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
Norseman
July 8, 2023, 11:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +288
Gold Stars: 48
Weather guys wrong again for GY and Clee.Bit of rain for 30 minutes .No thunderstorm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Weather tomorrow

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.