2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
July 5, 2023, 4:22pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,637
Gold Stars: 539
Think it was Bramwell who put in the meaty challenge that led to Pyke's first goal last night.  

Other than that he didn't really have a lot to do in all honesty. Rodgers, of the two centre-halves, stood out as he was clearly more confident and stepped forward a bit.  But he didn't put a foot wrong either, you can only play what's in front of you.  I suspect him getting a chance over the others was more down to a relative lack of options at centre-back in comparison to other positions.  With Mullarkey able to play centre-back, I imagine he's seen as fifth choice in Hurst's mind.  The Newcastle lad who's rumoured to sign, Alex Murphy I think, could knock him down a place  but there are plenty of games to play this season...
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
sam gy
July 5, 2023, 4:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Has Jaz Goundry been released?

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
Lincoln Mariner 56
July 5, 2023, 4:40pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,697
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from sam gy
Has Jaz Goundry been released?

Yes, saw him play a couple of times at Lincoln Utd whilst he was out on loan and to be honest he didn’t stand out. Nor did Tomlinson when he played for Clee Town over here but Essel showed some potential but looks like he will struggle for game time so needs to get out on loan and bang some goals in to get noticed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
forza ivano
July 5, 2023, 10:51pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,211
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Yes, saw him play a couple of times at Lincoln Utd whilst he was out on loan and to be honest he didn’t stand out. Nor did Tomlinson when he played for Clee Town over here but Essel showed some potential but looks like he will struggle for game time so needs to get out on loan and bang some goals in to get noticed.

will be interesting to see where they end up on loan. I'm hoping that we will see them being loaned out to conference and conference north teams to test them at a decent level
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
rancido
July 6, 2023, 7:31am

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.26
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,571
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from Rick12
Can't be easy for the youngsters getting released but pleased Neil Woods is in charge of the academy. Good fella who will help ease the pain of rejection. Rejection can be heart wrenching and I've read it's one of the hardest things a manager has to do especially if the lad has the spirit for the professional game but not the ability.

I have a friend who was released by a clubs youth system when he was 18. All he ever wanted to do was be a pro footballer and he was absolutely devastated when he was released. He felt a failure through rejection and it took him quite a while to get over it. I would like to think clubs, ours included, have systems in place to help young lads get through the emotional effects of being released.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
Rick12
July 6, 2023, 8:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from rancido

I have a friend who was released by a clubs youth system when he was 18. All he ever wanted to do was be a pro footballer and he was absolutely devastated when he was released. He felt a failure through rejection and it took him quite a while to get over it. I would like to think clubs, ours included, have systems in place to help young lads get through the emotional effects of being released.
It's all levels Rancido as you know. I remember talking to someone who loved his football and he said  the lad in question was a  star in his local youth Sunday league side. He got picked up by a professional club in league 1 some years back and at their academy there were players better than him. He was a cocky lad by all accounts but got taken down a peg a two and his confidence also was deflated as he wasn't a big fish no more.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › This season's Yoof intake

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.