June 7, 2023, 12:41pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +7 / -7
Approval: +253
Gold Stars: 4
I read all three

Cod almighty is a fantastic fanzine
The fishy is great for a daily catch up, and to be honest is probably my most visited website over the last decade.

Twitter #gtfc is good on match days and a quick check on every now and then to see if any transfer speculation. oh and the ‘on this day’ account is superb

just been on twitter and seen Ryan has re signed ! whoops !

you can take the boy out of grimsby......but you can't take grimsby out of his soul, his blood, his semen!  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 28
lukeo
June 7, 2023, 12:45pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
The fishy is under rated.
We've constantly supported charities (Thanks Les!), sponsored a player, we've supported each other and 1 chap in particular through mental health and not quite as important but we somehow leak new signings before anywhere else!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 28
Son of Cod
June 7, 2023, 12:48pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Twitter is great for finding out the lineups first and seeing the same handful of Town fans recycle the same 6 GIFs for any imaginable scenario related to the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 28
spikelias
June 7, 2023, 12:51pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +22
Gold Stars: 9
I'm on both, don't really care about one over the other. Just want GTFC content, be it complete rubbish or not!!

Personal abuse and hate shouldn't be tolerated on any platform. Opinions should be respected. Basically, how you'd treat someone face to face.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 28
Chrisblor
June 7, 2023, 12:56pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,851
Gold Stars: 235
They're both full of dickheads posting drivel, but tbf I think in recent years the #gtfc tag on twitter has properly gone down the pan. Used to generally be full of quite decent tweets 5+ years ago but now it's just clowns tweeting the same thing 50 times a day (NO GTFC FANALYTICS I REALLY DO NOT NEED TO HEAR AGAIN HOW VAR DIDN'T SEND BRIGHTON'S KEEPER OFF) and trolls. Least this place still has a fair few thoughtful, considered and funny posters in amongst all the boomers asking 'how do i work i follow' and claiming Luton is now a fully sharia compliant independant caliphate no-go zone for white football fans.

gary jones
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 28
TwoLeftFeet
June 7, 2023, 1:03pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,081
Gold Stars: 18
Recently started blocking certain GTFC accounts on Twitter thats made it a better experience going on there not having to read the same negative comments from the same people over and over again..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 28
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
June 7, 2023, 3:14pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.78
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +846
Gold Stars: 117
I'm on both, but don't look at anything GTFC on Twitter. Only used it once for something mental health/GTFC related, and it was very helpful and useful, but I now only use it for contacting people around the world to help me with my research.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 28
forza ivano
June 7, 2023, 8:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,196
Gold Stars: 265
if you are following Ukraine Twitter is the mutts nuts - you can follow some real experts n people on the front line
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 28
barralad
June 9, 2023, 8:28am
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,290
Gold Stars: 126
I'm on both but use for totally different reasons. The Fishy is for me a much better debating forum because all comment comes under a thread title and you can easily see everyone's views. On Twitter you need to be following individuals.
Twitter is much better for immediate info such as team news, club news and even seeing footage of games. Quite a few threads on here start because of a tweet.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Twitter and Fishy

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.