Kris2
June 9, 2023, 7:24am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from TAGG

I think he got an injury from the knee slide?

Loved watching the lad, realy wish he could have an injury free season to see what he could be.

Probably the sprint beforehand. Once the adrenaline rush wears off from the goal and celebration it seemed like he was feeling it and not walking very comfortably. When he could play he was brilliant but you could say the same for Scannell too who missed so much time but was great when he did play. There is always somebody willing to take a chance on containing injuries and getting these sorts of games out of players who are injury-prone because they are match winners.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 37
Son of Cod
June 9, 2023, 10:06am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from Poojah
My favourite Max Wright moment at 7:10. Brilliant composure under pressure. He has all the talent needed to make it, but question marks over his body remain. I’d love him to get an injury-free season under his belt to show the world what he is capable of. Fingers crossed for the kid.

https://youtu.be/NcllKaqptxg

I'm personally a fan of that one he got at Morecambe on the opening day about four or five(?) years back. The new hope for the season felt especially apt for Max Wright and even if it was fleeting, it felt like at that point he could have still gone on to be a hell of a player for us. Also he caught out that fat keeper that had been giving us excrement all match which really topped things off. A lesser spotted Town away win on the first day if the season in front of 1000+ fans, remember it going off in that away end when he sealed it for us.

Edit: I say lesser spotted, but I've just remembered we've had wins at Crawley and Chesterfield too in the last 15 years or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 37
ska face
June 9, 2023, 10:09am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,662
Gold Stars: 847
Quoted from Son of Cod

I'm personally a fan of that one he got at Morecambe on the opening day about four or five(?) years back. The new hope for the season felt especially apt for Max Wright and even if it was fleeting, it felt like at that point he could have still gone on to be a hell of a player for us. Also he caught out that fat keeper that had been giving us excrement all match which really topped things off. A lesser spotted Town away win on the first day if the season in front of 1000+ fans, remember it going off in that away end when he sealed it for us.

I can remember half the away end having Ohman first goal scorer at about 66/1, so when he squared it from 2 yards out rather than shooting himself it sort of took the shine off the first goal!
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 37
Poojah
June 9, 2023, 10:09am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,585
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Son of Cod

Captured beautifully towards the end of this video.

https://youtu.be/yySi6z1VfxE

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 37
Son of Cod
June 9, 2023, 10:28am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from ska face

I can remember half the away end having Ohman first goal scorer at about 66/1, so when he squared it from 2 yards out rather than shooting himself it sort of took the shine off the first goal!

Hahaha I definitely remember speaking to someone who had that bet on.

Quoted from Poojah

Captured beautifully towards the end of this video.
https://youtu.be/yySi6z1VfxE

Oh wow, I'd forgotten about Matchday Moments being like that. A bit shakier with an instrumental track and JT commentary, I liked them when they were like that. You can really see how much it mean to Max Wright and nice to see Clifton hugging him. Shame that season dipped as it seemed the squad had a bit of togetherness.

I did a search for the match footage but couldn't find it so cheers for posting that. Was a loud away following that, remember not being able to talk at all immediately after it until I got a pint down my neck.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 37
Corkyefes
June 9, 2023, 12:10pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +14 / -3
Approval: -117
Gold Stars: 7
Shame for the lad, but he'll probably end up at Cleethorpes Town.
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 37
Sigone
July 1, 2023, 3:15pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +12 / -4
Approval: +1,615
Gold Stars: 5
Signed for Halifax
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 37
tarka
July 1, 2023, 3:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +8 / -2
Approval: +890
Gold Stars: 29
Quoted from Sigone
Signed for Halifax

Good for him. If anyone deserves a bit of success, he does!
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 27 - 37
Rick12
July 1, 2023, 4:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
I feel for Max regarding nailing down a place at a football club. Glad other established players higher up the pyramid have  alluded to similar  on just how hard it is to make it at pro football  with some even committing suicide in the process as the burden of failure was to great for them to handle :

https://twitter.com/TrentAA/status/1651492090755334145?s=20

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 37
Blundellite
July 1, 2023, 5:29pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +1 / -2
Approval: +71
Gold Stars: 18
Quoted from dapperz fun pub

You’re a cun t for posting that clearly the lad is struggling

Would you employ him???
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 37
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Max Wright

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.