5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
SouthLakesMariner
May 17, 2023, 9:00pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21
Just sent this message to my daughter, thought I’d share .....

“With the exception of GTFCs 4-0 demolition of Sheffield Utd to win the 79/80 3rd Division title, I have never witnessed a more impressive performance than City in that first half - wow. When you consider that was against the greatest club side in the world .... what more can I say. City have been superb”.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
May 17, 2023, 9:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,636
Gold Stars: 1,504
No way Sheffield United are the greatest club side in the world.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 45
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
May 17, 2023, 10:01pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from SouthLakesMariner
Just sent this message to my daughter, thought I’d share .....

“With the exception of GTFCs 4-0 demolition of Sheffield Utd to win the 79/80 3rd Division title, I have never witnessed a more impressive performance than City in that first half - wow. When you consider that was against the greatest club side in the world .... what more can I say. City have been superb”.

Is the punchline that Sheikh Mansour received a message from you saying, ‘Hello Poppet. Sorry for making you wear those braces but you’ve got to admit, your smile is as crisp as a Kingsley Black free kick. Lots of love. Dad’.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 45
SouthLakesMariner
May 17, 2023, 10:04pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +938
Gold Stars: 21

Is the punchline that Sheikh Mansour received a message from you saying, ‘Hello Poppet. Sorry for making you wear those braces but you’ve got to admit, your smile is as crisp as a Kingsley Black free kick. Lots of love. Dad’.

Have you been hacking into my phone again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 45
HerveJosse
May 17, 2023, 10:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
We were pretty good when we beat City 4-1 in the mid Eighties
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 45
TownSNAFU5
May 17, 2023, 10:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,892
Gold Stars: 42
To add:

Someone posted on the BBC that Luton played Coventry in Div 2 only 5 years ago.  Not sure I remember that.  One of them will be in the PL next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 45
RonMariner
May 17, 2023, 11:03pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,768
Gold Stars: 226
Good win for City. It’s amazing what a team you can get for on outlay of just £1.5 billion isn’t it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 45
aldi_01
May 18, 2023, 6:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from RonMariner
Good win for City. It’s amazing what a team you can get for on outlay of just £1.5 billion isn’t it.

I know it’s fun to mock the amounts of cash spends but spending money doesn’t equate to success, Utd have spent more and are bang average, just as a comparison.

Whatever anyone thinks, you’d have to be a hard faced miserable twit to not have enjoyed watching City dominate and dismantle a side that win the European Cup for fun.

They were relentless and the fluidity to their play is something to behold. I genuinely think had we drawn City in the cup they’d have hit double figures.

It’s win win all round really; they win the champions league in June and the one thing Manure fans have been clinging to, that makes them unique disappears right before their eyes or Inter win with a scrappy, archetypal Italian Shithouse performance which will really be fun, seeing a team that drift from excellent to shite over the course of a couple of games…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 45
GollyGTFC
May 18, 2023, 6:57am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from RonMariner

Tell me how much Real have overspent from all the dodgy deals they’ve done with Spanish and local government like selling their old training ground to fund the first galacticos era.

And funnily enough, Real Madrid’s total debt is €1.5bn (£1.3bn) and that is spiralling out of control as the cost of refurbishing the Bernebeu goes up and up.

Man City & PSG didn’t cause the current financial climate in European football, they are a consequence of it.

Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 8 - 45
GollyGTFC
May 18, 2023, 7:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,037
Gold Stars: 357
Quoted from aldi_01

I know it’s fun to mock the amounts of cash spends but spending money doesn’t equate to success, Utd have spent more and are bang average, just as a comparison.

Whatever anyone thinks, you’d have to be a hard faced miserable twit to not have enjoyed watching City dominate and dismantle a side that win the European Cup for fun.

They were relentless and the fluidity to their play is something to behold. I genuinely think had we drawn City in the cup they’d have hit double figures.

It’s win win all round really; they win the champions league in June and the one thing Manure fans have been clinging to, that makes them unique disappears right before their eyes or Inter win with a scrappy, archetypal Italian Shithouse performance which will really be fun, seeing a team that drift from excellent to shite over the course of a couple of games…

Hmmm. I don’t know. Even if City clean up this season it will still be…

United 3-1 City for European Cup/Champions League wins.

United 20-9 City for Top flight League title wins.

United 12-7 City for FA Cup wins.

Obviously City would match the treble that United won in 1998/99, but if we’re honest it’s easier to win that now as there’s virtually no domestic rivals close to them. Man Utd had to overcome a great Arsenal team to win both domestic honours that season.

Anyway, Man Utd are going to win the FA Cup and I have proof.

Look who’s knocked us out of the 3 cups this season. In both the EFL Cup and EFL Trophy we’ve been knocked out by a team who reached the Semi-Final and lost at that stage to the eventual winners of the competition. Therefore the FA Cup will be won by Man Utd who beat Brighton in the Semi-Final.
Logged Online
Private Message Skype
Reply: 9 - 45
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › City

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.