This thread currently has 3,155 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Womble1988
May 10, 2023, 10:56pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Approval: +65
Gold Stars: 4
just wanted to leave a message to say thank you for the outstanding welcome we were given before and after the game. Always thought proper club with proper fans but this confirmed it. Couldnt get a cab to the station after the game and couple of Grimsby helped us to get to the train station. What they couldnt control is I wanted to have a pint and still missed the train so had to pay £90 to get a cab and catch up the train from Doncaster. oh well. As for us we cant be as bad next season!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
May 11, 2023, 12:43am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Hi mate, are you the fella I was talking to before the game? Said you were doing the radio commentary? Glad you enjoyed your trip down. I have fond memories of Plough Lane and the sportsman bar.

How on earth did you miss your train? There's a pub outside the station??
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
BeijingMariner
May 11, 2023, 12:46am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,677
Gold Stars: 40
I was waiting for the 10 bus after the game and a couple of Wimbledon fans were at the bus stop having some good banter bout how awful they were. Top class.
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
GtfcGarner
May 11, 2023, 7:03am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Glad you enjoyed it and a proper footballing team unlike your other counter-parts who in essence I would love to see have a double-relegation just to see that horrible Winklemans face it would be a very very funny sight to see that stadium in the Vanarama! Hope you also do the double over them next year and rightfully claim your right to be the only Wimbledon team.

All the very best for next season!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 12
AussieMariner
May 12, 2023, 10:39am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from Womble1988
just wanted to leave a message to say thank you for the outstanding welcome we were given before and after the game. Always thought proper club with proper fans but this confirmed it. Couldnt get a cab to the station after the game and couple of Grimsby helped us to get to the train station. What they couldnt control is I wanted to have a pint and still missed the train so had to pay £90 to get a cab and catch up the train from Doncaster. oh well. As for us we cant be as bad next season!!

For future reference the unfortunately named No. 2 pub at the station does carry out containers designed to hold draft beer so you have the option of finishing your pint on the train.
Thoughtfully they have made the containers hold 2 pints to provide you with the fortitude you need for having to traverse Scunthorpe on your journey.
All the best for next season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
HertsGTFC
May 12, 2023, 12:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,977
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from Womble1988

Good luck for next season, hope you smash MKD and they get relegated.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
forza ivano
May 12, 2023, 4:41pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,236
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from HertsGTFC

iF Carlsberg did football seasons.....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
jamesgtfc
May 12, 2023, 7:58pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,012
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from HertsGTFC

I hope it's AFC sealing their relegation too.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
forza ivano
May 12, 2023, 8:07pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,236
Gold Stars: 266
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I hope it's AFC sealing their relegation too.

I'd be crreaming my pants, especially as Winkelman's daughter is a regular in my local
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
Poojah
May 12, 2023, 8:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,636
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from forza ivano

I'd be crreaming my pants, especially as Winkelman's daughter is a regular in my local

Originally she was someone else’s daughter but Winkelman spotted an opportunity to give her a more economically viable future so he claimed her as his own and moved her 40 miles into his house.

The only problem is he promised to buy her a Premiership football club, and she’s not at all happy that he’s failed to fulfil his side of the deal…

https://twitter.com/codybigmancity1/status/1655545148179197955

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Wombles Feedback from Monday

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.