Townforlife
April 27, 2023, 9:54pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +249
Gold Stars: 19
Genuine questions for the moderators and users of this forum:
How can a thread with baseless, unfounded or plainly wrong accusations be allowed to continue unmoderated?
How can someone be allowed repeated opportunities to make statements that appear to bully an employee of GTFC and maintain what appears to be an online vendetta without moderation?
How can civilised standards of debate be allowed to descend into slanging matches without moderation?
How can a thread that may be part of potential legal action not be moderated?
How can moderators maintain the standard of this board balancing the rules of free speech, decency and legal frameworks?
What responsibility do moderators have to protect the mental health and wellbeing of contributors and those employed by GTFC?
For clarity, my only connection to GTFC is as a season ticket holder and lifelong fan. I also value the contributions  of The Fishy to that experience as a fan.
Logged Offline
Private Message
GrimRob
April 27, 2023, 10:02pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,446
Gold Stars: 114
Not a single complaint has been made about the thread in question has been made to date. The thread raised issues about employees leaving the club which is obviously a relevant topic for discussion, which is why it wasn't moved to the non-football board. Has anyone actually been bullied on the thread on this site? The statement today was about material on Twitter.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 1 - 19
ska face
April 27, 2023, 10:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,772
Gold Stars: 851
Quoted from Townforlife
Genuine questions for the moderators and users of this forum:
How can a thread with baseless, unfounded or plainly wrong accusations be allowed to continue unmoderated?

Hey you leave the transfer rumour thread out of this!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 19
Kris2
April 28, 2023, 1:12am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Because the users of the forum got enjoyment out of the guy rambling and jumping on him since what else are we going to talk about for the next couple of months? The season on paper is over and it'll be a long while before serious transfer rumours start coming out. If anything with possible legal action deleting the thread would be the wrong thing to do unless specifically requested by somebody with an interest in that case. Wacca did a runner anyway so they won't be showing their face again which is why I've apparently become the witch hunt target for bored fans to amuse themselves with.  
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 19
OddShapedBalls
April 28, 2023, 10:14am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 19
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2023, 10:21am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

Yes and, er, no.....

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 19
jamesgtfc
April 28, 2023, 10:22am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Kris2
Because the users of the forum got enjoyment out of the guy rambling and jumping on him since what else are we going to talk about for the next couple of months? The season on paper is over and it'll be a long while before serious transfer rumours start coming out. If anything with possible legal action deleting the thread would be the wrong thing to do unless specifically requested by somebody with an interest in that case. Wacca did a runner anyway so they won't be showing their face again which is why I've apparently become the witch hunt target for bored fans to amuse themselves with.  

There is no witch hunt, you accused someone by name of hiding behind anonymity, which is a bit of a daft thing to do when the investigation is now with the police.

That said person defended himself and explained where he's been for half of the last 12 months, but you still couldn't muster up an apology.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 19
Chalky
April 28, 2023, 11:14am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +518
Gold Stars: 21
Quoted from ska face

Hey you leave the transfer rumour thread out of this!

I logged on soley to give a gold star to this gem 😄
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 19
The Caterham Mariner
April 28, 2023, 8:27pm
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +92
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from OddShapedBalls

Excuse my ignorance..what is that in English please(No formal educational qualifications gained from Skool!).
UTM.

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 19
BobbyCummingsTackle
April 28, 2023, 8:49pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,301
Gold Stars: 307

Excuse my ignorance..what is that in English please(No formal educational qualifications gained from Skool!).
UTM.

Who watches the watchers? Or, who guards the guards?

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 19
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Question of Moderation

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.