lukeo
April 16, 2023, 8:41am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,400
Gold Stars: 149
Quoted from HertsGTFC
So can we now start Hunt, Orsi, Glennon in the remaining games and give Battersby a game.

100% agree with the 1st 3. My question about Battersby is, in truth does PH think he will ever be good enough to be a no1 football league goalkeeper? (Genuine question I haven't seen him enough to comment) if so then get him involved also. If not then it's pointless.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 10:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,992
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from lukeo

100% agree with the 1st 3. My question about Battersby is, in truth does PH think he will ever be good enough to be a no1 football league goalkeeper? (Genuine question I haven't seen him enough to comment) if so then get him involved also. If not then it's pointless.

Same TBH, but if he has 5 really god games before the end of this season PH would know if he’s got someone worth investing in.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
gobby
April 16, 2023, 10:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.76
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +776
Gold Stars: 7
If he starts the fringe  players and we fail to win another game and finish up in 19/20/21/22 position Hurst will get slated! For me, keep the basis of what we have with the occasional fringe player and still finish as high up as possible.  

The Icenian Predicition League  CHAMPION 2016/17
Beat The Clock Champion 2020/21 🏆 👏

My old man said follow the Town
And dont dilly dally on the way
We'll take Scunny in half a minute
We'll take Lincoln and all thats in it!

One Step Beyond.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Limerick Mariner
April 16, 2023, 10:47am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,739
Gold Stars: 138
Quoted from gobby
If he starts the fringe  players and we fail to win another game and finish up in 19/20/21/22 position Hurst will get slated! For me, keep the basis of what we have with the occasional fringe player and still finish as high up as possible.  

With Sutton slumping we can finish 10th. That has to be the target, whilst at the same time sh!tting on Stevenage's promotion strawberries...

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
grimps
April 16, 2023, 10:49am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,145
Gold Stars: 46
The fact people are happy with us being safe kind of shows the lack of ambition that’s still in and around the club .
Anything less than a play off push next season will be failure and shouldn’t be accepted by us fans or the team and management
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 3:31pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from grimps
The fact people are happy with us being safe kind of shows the lack of ambition that’s still in and around the club .
Anything less than a play off push next season will be failure and shouldn’t be accepted by us fans or the team and management

“Lack of ambition” 🙄

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
Posh Harry
April 16, 2023, 3:40pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,371
Gold Stars: 36
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Same TBH, but if he has 5 really god games before the end of this season PH would know if he’s got someone worth investing in.

Well if he has god games then he is definitely worth investing in!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 16, 2023, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Posh Harry

Well if he has god games then he is definitely worth investing in!

With our defensive frailties he’d need divine intervention

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
OddShapedBalls
April 17, 2023, 8:26am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 40
I think a compromise needs to be found really, we can't just chuck out a youth team and hope for the best the rest of the season when 11/12th is a realistic finish, but on the other hand we'd be mad to waste the opportunity of giving some young players a solid and sustained amount of time on the pitch.  I'd like to see Khouri as a nailed on starter for the next few, and then maybe a rotation of starting/subbing a few more like Essel etc so a few of the get maybe 20 mins off the bench, 30 mins off the bench and a start each.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
jamesgtfc
April 17, 2023, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Essel, Goundry, Bramwell, Tomlinson and Braithwaite all finish their respective seasons out on loan this weekend, so a couple of them might make the bench after that.

Battersby is a tough one because the lad needs games. Once he plays 5 league, FA Cup or League Cup games though, he becomes recognised as a professional keeper and we can't get an emergency loan in. When Hurst came in, he had just gone on loan to Gateshead but Hurst had to recall him due to McKeown being injured. He did really well for Belper last season and again for Ilkeston early this season until Hurst kept him around from January onwards. The lad urgently needs regular games at NLN or NL level in order to prove himself.

I want us to finish as strongly as possible but Khouri needs to start, I think we all hope he steps up to the plate next season. Essel and Braithwaite are probably the two most likely to make it I think, and I would rather see them on the bench after their loans than the ineffective O'Neill and Dickson-Peters.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Thats it. We are safe

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.