Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,720
Gold Stars: 174
At least we've never had it this bad!  

[tweet]1646432110352138240[/tweet]

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Spurn boy
April 14, 2023, 7:20pm

Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +1,264
Gold Stars: 30
Always amazed me that during the early part of the season when the pitches are in really good condition and still got a bit of good weather that we only play league games once a week, with players all fit after the pre season break it would be a good opportunity to get as many league games in as possible but clubs have to play in these Mickey Mouse cups.

Dead Eye Dobbin stood motionless waiting, waiting, waiting for the ball to arrive. Back came the right foot, Down came the right foot, Bang ! Headlines around the world as the ball flew into the very top right hand corner of the goal.( Jim Dobbin scoring in the 89th minute for Town against Newcastle United away 24/10/1992 )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
MarinerDevil
April 14, 2023, 8:42pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.39
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +2,800
Gold Stars: 80
I've thought for a while that football should be a summer sport: nicer weather, fewer postponements, better pitches, better football. I'm fully aware that this is a minority view and that it would be a nightmare for our pyramid to switch to a calendar season, which is why it won't happen.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
aldi_01
April 14, 2023, 10:03pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from MarinerDevil
I've thought for a while that football should be a summer sport: nicer weather, fewer postponements, better pitches, better football. I'm fully aware that this is a minority view and that it would be a nightmare for our pyramid to switch to a calendar season, which is why it won't happen.

It doesn’t need to be summer, but some better planning in terms of midweek games, especially in the football league/national league would go a long way to helping.

There’s always a lull during mid September and October for midweek games, or so it feels, perhaps there’s a solution. Or just more midweeks games pre Christmas…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Norseman
April 14, 2023, 11:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +277
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from MarinerDevil

Won't happen because it clashes with cricket
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
lukeo
April 15, 2023, 6:51am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,405
Gold Stars: 149
My localish side Wellington have to play their remaining 2 home league games 30 miles away due to cricket starting and them sharing the ground with the cricket team.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
jamesgtfc
April 15, 2023, 8:25am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,041
Gold Stars: 190
Midweeks after Christmas should be for postponements only. You would still get a few midweeks after Christmas due to cup runs and the weather, but play them when the pitch and players are in the best condition.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
moosey_club
April 15, 2023, 9:18am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
As some of the original replies on the twitter have said,  where does player welfare come into this?
No idea what League level that is in but ridiculous to expect any players or even squad to achieve that without causing injuries or even just making it a fair competition.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
toontown
April 15, 2023, 9:20am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,274
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from aldi_01

It doesn’t need to be summer, but some better planning in terms of midweek games, especially in the football league/national league would go a long way to helping.

There’s always a lull during mid September and October for midweek games, or so it feels, perhaps there’s a solution. Or just more midweeks games pre Christmas…

Yeah always seems a waste to have all those empty midweeks early invthe season, just a couple more midweek league games would help.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Fixture congestion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.