3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
April 1, 2023, 7:01am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,206
Gold Stars: 144
Of the seven teams who have spent more then £70k six of them are in the top eight.
The exception in the high spenders is Crawley while Stevenage and Carlisle are the only lower spenders in the top eight.
Shows how difficult it is you don’t spend
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
GrimRob
April 1, 2023, 7:04am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,420
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Heisenberg
The players should pay their agent’s fees. End.

If me or you get a job through an agency, which many of us do, our employer pays agency fees. It's cheaper than setting up your own recruitment department. Imagine being charged to move job.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 22
GollyGTFC
April 1, 2023, 7:06am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yeah. And they’ll recoup it through demanding more signing on fees and higher weekly remuneration.

The money always comes from the buying club one way or another.

It’s probably more cost effective for clubs to pay the agent directly if they can as it avoids paying employer national insurance and pension contribution on the money if the player pays it through a premium on their wages.

And what exactly are we and any club at this level supposed to do if we’re talking to a potential signing who has multiple other options and he says “yeah I’m happy to join, but you need to pay my agents fees because club x and club y have offered that and you need to match that offer or I’m not signing”?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 12 - 22
tanga_the_indestructible
April 1, 2023, 7:48am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +620
Gold Stars: 5
Quoted from Heisenberg

I have an agent and funnily enough I don’t agree with this 😂

It’s pretty standard procedure tbh: actors, musicians, DJs etc the buying party always pays the agent fee and it comes on top of what the artist (or, in this case, footballer) earns. Standard agent fees do vary but are around 10-20% of whatever the fee is.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
PoutonStepover
April 1, 2023, 8:20am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +107
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from grimps
It’s Gross how mush they’re taking out of the game.
The PFA should have their own representatives to sit in on transfer deals

They do, I’ve listed the the Undr the cosh podcast, Andy Liddell was on, he said when Barnsley got promoted to the premier league, he used a PFA rep to negotiate his contract, he got him £900/week, which was up from £300/week, which he was happy with until he got back to the club and found out all the players who had real agents were on £3000/week
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
jamesgtfc
April 1, 2023, 8:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,984
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Gillingham and Colchester went on a spending spree in the Jan window both of their figures seem low. If Stockport have spent that much I wonder how much Wrexham have spent just on fees? More than the value of most squads in the NL...

Wrexham spent £163k. Oldham spent £80k, Chesterfield £77k, and Notts County £68k.

[url]https://twitter.com/Ollie_Bayliss/status/1641849405937418253?t=33i6zefS_9l7jLv8Lvgvmg&s=19[/url]
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
promotion plaice
April 1, 2023, 9:17am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,081
Gold Stars: 199

It's a different world in the Prem of course...

[img]https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/TM-Graphic-AgentFees-v2.jpg[/img]

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
So I know it’s the “modern way” of doing business but what really happens?

Are these fees for agents working on our behalf to negotiate with other agents or secure their player.

Or are the funds spent on an agent who offers their player to the club for a fee? If so you’d assume that the bigger the agents fee the more likely a player would sign for you.

Feels like being an agent is “win win” clubs pay you and a client pays you, all of which means they have real power within the game.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
HertsGTFC
April 1, 2023, 9:38am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,956
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from promotion plaice

It's a different world in the Prem of course...

[img]https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/TM-Graphic-AgentFees-v2.jpg[/img]

Forest’s number is interesting considering the amount of players they’ve had in and out.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
Heisenberg
April 1, 2023, 11:07am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,074
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from GrimRob

If me or you get a job through an agency, which many of us do, our employer pays agency fees. It's cheaper than setting up your own recruitment department. Imagine being charged to move job.

I do get that, Rob, and I know my comment is flawed and not in line with reality, but look at Kevin de Bruyne - no agent, and he negotiated his 350K per week contract all by himself.

Ok, it helps to be one of the most in demand players in the world, but still, he didn’t feel he needed an agent.

In the lower leagues, players largely need an agent to get them a move (I.e. a job). If the agent manages to get their client this, why don’t they charge their client for the service they’ve provided?
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › League Two agent fees revealed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.