Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny Away
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 148 Guests

Donny Away

This thread currently has 927 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
March 30, 2023, 10:54am
Guest User
Not been in years. Is their stadium walkable from the train station? Don’t fancy trying to park, or spending hours getting out of the car park…
Les Brechin
March 30, 2023, 10:57am

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from 140381
Not been in years. Is their stadium walkable from the train station? Don’t fancy trying to park, or spending hours getting out of the car park…

It's a fair way, about a couple of miles. It'd take a good half hour to walk it I reckon.

There is a bus that goes from the bus interchange, right next to the train station (the number 56), that goes past the ground.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 4
March 30, 2023, 11:01am
Guest User
Thanks Les
Reply: 2 - 4
March 30, 2023, 11:53am
Guest User
Quoted from 140381
Thanks Les

I live near Donny and walk from the station. Its twenty to twenty-five minutes. Traffic really does snarl up near the ground when there is a game on.

Will probably do what we did last time. Friends will park up at Thorne and get the local rattler in.

If anyone likes hunting about for old Town programmes, they have some in the supporters club shop which is at the opposite end of the ground to the club shop near the away entrances.  Its inside the stadium building but you don't have to go through a turnstile to get in. I'll be having a mooch before the game. I've managed to fill in a few gaps in my own collection.

Teamsheets can be bought at the ticket collection windows. They do a printed programme as well.
Reply: 3 - 4
March 30, 2023, 1:20pm
Guest User
Quoted from 800

I live near Donny and walk from the station. Its twenty to twenty-five minutes. Traffic really does snarl up near the ground when there is a game on.

Will probably do what we did last time. Friends will park up at Thorne and get the local rattler in.

If anyone likes hunting about for old Town programmes, they have some in the supporters club shop which is at the opposite end of the ground to the club shop near the away entrances.  Its inside the stadium building but you don't have to go through a turnstile to get in. I'll be having a mooch before the game. I've managed to fill in a few gaps in my own collection.

Teamsheets can be bought at the ticket collection windows. They do a printed programme as well.

Yeah, coming from York so it seems daft driving given it's only 20 minutes on the Azuma. Cheers.
Reply: 4 - 4
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Donny Away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.