2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
OddShapedBalls
March 30, 2023, 10:25am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 40
I've previously lived on the Ermine (east, the good part) and the poor attempt at a joke actually shows what's wrong with the whole situation.

Talk about heritage and the £300m project at risk all you want, the real issue here is that people who live in the shadow of that base can't get adequate healthcare etc and the most under-funded police force in the country serves them, every time they ask for help they are told there's no money.......then magically 1500 asylumigrants are going to be plonked there against the wishes of both locals and those being plonked, and magically  ' a comprehensive support package will be put in place' for them. Thus proving money was available all along and that the government just couldn't give a flying fcuk about the people of Lincoln and surrounding villages.

When impressionable people see this dual status, the less desirable right leaning elements will have a field day recruiting from the area.  Skegness has 5 hotels housing them currently and there are hundreds of videos from such groups filmed there about it online. 1500-2000 in one place will be like a magnet for trouble from all sides.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
aldi_01
March 30, 2023, 11:24pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Skegness thing just proved the weird levels of bigotry that exists in Lincolnshire.

Ironically, one of the biggest moaners about the housing asylum seekers in her hotel initially wanted to house them until she realised that the money wasn’t as great as first thought, and the likelihood of the Home Office paying on time is highly unlikely.

It’s just another example of the ineptitude of the ruling party.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
LH
March 31, 2023, 7:22am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,544
Gold Stars: 173
The interview on Look North last night with the hotel manager was classic LN. He said that the asylum seekers behind his hotel would make noise until 0100 but that it was no different to the “drunks” on the front street.The Skegness tourist board must have been sat with their heads in their hands watching it.

The voxpops and emailed in comments on Look North are proper warped in anything like this, any story from other cultures, green energy, LGBTQ+ etc etc. I know they’ve got to be balanced but they don’t filter any of it out so you get mild support opposed with bigoted outrage.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
AndyDarloFC
March 31, 2023, 6:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +17 / 0
Approval: +1,695
Gold Stars: 33
I've heard the hotel in town, St James is housed to immigrants too?

Anyone know if this is true? I'm due to be staying there next weekend when I'm down for my little en's birthday.

Last thing I need is to be staying somewhere that's got issues written all over it.

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 13 - 19
DB
March 31, 2023, 6:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.47
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,042
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Anyone know if this is true? I'm due to be staying there next weekend when I'm down for my little en's birthday.

Last thing I need is to be staying somewhere that's got issues written all over it.

The last thing I heard was it's back as a hotel and never took in any immigrants. Give them a call.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
ginnywings
March 31, 2023, 7:15pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from AndyDarloFC

Immigrants would probably improve it to be honest.

Not the best of places.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
diehardmariner
March 31, 2023, 7:47pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,654
Gold Stars: 539
It's (The Ermine) got a Waitrose on its border.

Not sure it's exactly the heart and origin of all deprivation!

Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
aldi_01
April 1, 2023, 7:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The Ermine and the St Giles aren’t anywhere near as bad as they make out. I used to teach kids from there and they’d always try and make sound like they lived in Compton.

There are worse parts of Lincoln over towards Hykeham and then random pockets. Although, don’t forget, when they were boring us during that time they were desperate to create a rivalry they’d let us know there isn’t any excrement places apparently…

All the protests are either scared little racists or not in my back yard types….

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
OddShapedBalls
April 5, 2023, 8:31am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.03
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,191
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from diehardmariner
It's (The Ermine) got a Waitrose on its border.

Not sure it's exactly the heart and origin of all deprivation!

Welton and Dunholme are only a couple of miles away, and the Bailgate is 3 minutes by car, that's why Waitrose is there mate

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
diehardmariner
April 6, 2023, 10:04am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,654
Gold Stars: 539
Yeah, that's what I mean. The Ermine (St. Giles too) is surrounded by a fair amount of affluence.  You can throw Nettleham into the mix too.

It's like anywhere, there's good and bad and they're often not that far apart from each other.  The good often isn't as good as it likes to think and the bad is rarely as bad as everyone else thinks.

Both the aforementioned estates are very close to the Cathedral/Bail area of Lincoln which is very much the crown in the jewel.  
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › RAF Scampton immigrant housing

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.