Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 164 Guests

Crawley Match Thread

This thread currently has 17,280 views. Print
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
HerveJosse
March 28, 2023, 10:40pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144

Just a reminder that Dieseruvwe is being outscored by both Lenny and Amond in the NL.

Dieseruvwe will deservedly go down in Fishy folklore but signing him would have had little impact on our position this season.

Lenny was and remains a far better player, even though his shop front is faded by age. Whilst Lenny’s time as a L2 player is long gone, I find it a bit weird that people still clamour for Dieseruvwe, whilst Lenny was often derided.

Little impact when we played half the season with no number 9 and a bunch of hopeless loanees?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 180 - 206
immariner
March 28, 2023, 10:42pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,414
Gold Stars: 62
Not really sure I understand the relevance of the transfer window to us not winning that game. Three big chances fell to Clifton and Khan, vastly experienced League 2 players who should be sticking them away, and Lloyd, who was signed in January and most seem to rate. I certainly do. The subs weren't great when they came on but I'm not sure how much they contributed to Maher diving in (despite him apparently winning the ball cleanly, this from a Crawley fan stood in front of it). Crawley made nothing else whilst the subs were on.

The facts are we were absolutely brilliant tonight other than the most important bit. We played some fantastic one touch passing at times and Emannuel and Smith were brilliant at the back. Morris had another good game, Clifton was everywhere and Hunt had his best game in ages. Lloyd was clever, battled hard with their Shreks at the back and was unlucky not ro score what would have been a brilliant goal, althoughonce presented with the chance he probably should. McAtee ballsed up a decent half chance in the first half but worked his balderdash off on the press  Very, very encouraging. 9 times out of 10 we win that 2 or 3-0
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 181 - 206
HertsGTFC
March 28, 2023, 10:54pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 182 - 206
HerveJosse
March 28, 2023, 10:55pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from immariner
Not really sure I understand the relevance of the transfer window to us not winning that game. Three big chances fell to Clifton and Khan, vastly experienced League 2 players who should be sticking them away, and Lloyd, who was signed in January and most seem to rate. I certainly do. The subs weren't great when they came on but I'm not sure how much they contributed to Maher diving in (despite him apparently winning the ball cleanly, this from a Crawley fan stood in front of it). Crawley made nothing else whilst the subs were on.

The facts are we were absolutely brilliant tonight other than the most important bit. We played some fantastic one touch passing at times and Emannuel and Smith were brilliant at the back. Morris had another good game, Clifton was everywhere and Hunt had his best game in ages. Lloyd was clever, battled hard with their Shreks at the back and was unlucky not ro score what would have been a brilliant goal, althoughonce presented with the chance he probably should. McAtee ballsed up a decent half chance in the first half but worked his balderdash off on the press  Very, very encouraging. 9 times out of 10 we win that 2 or 3-0

Sadly being absolutely brilliant and winning games for us are often two different things.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 183 - 206
toontown
March 28, 2023, 11:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,273
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from HerveJosse
Unpopular opinion coming up .
Do Hursts substitutions improve us?

That's a question not an opinion
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 184 - 206
HerveJosse
March 28, 2023, 11:18pm
Champagne Drinker
Quoted from toontown

That's a question not an opinion

A retorical question then .

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 185 - 206
grimps
March 29, 2023, 6:04am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,152
Gold Stars: 46
I reckon those subs should have been made if we was 3-0 up , bringing them on while Crawley was still in with a shout was a mistake .
That said Hurst has to give them all a chance now to show if they’re worthy of a contract next season
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 186 - 206
HertsGTFC
March 29, 2023, 9:37am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.25
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,998
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from grimps
I reckon those subs should have been made if we was 3-0 up , bringing them on while Crawley was still in with a shout was a mistake .
That said Hurst has to give them all a chance now to show if they’re worthy of a contract next season

He's dammed if he does he's dammed if he doesn't. McAtee and Khan where knackered and offering little. Crawley where pushing up field and fresh legs would help as an outlet, they did in the case of O'Neil who was fouled on the edge of the box.

Hurst wasn't to blame for last night's draw the players who failed to finish and a poor refereeing decision where.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 187 - 206
fishcake63
March 29, 2023, 9:51am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,225
Gold Stars: 62
Nothing to do with subs two reasons we dont win 1. missed chances /sitters 2. stupid tackle for pen , if we win 1-0 nobody mentions subs
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 188 - 206
GtfcGarner
March 29, 2023, 10:02am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,794
Gold Stars: 26
Having a little time to vent after last night…

We should have been out of sight and out of mind and not even had to worry who we brought on and Hurst can’t ultimately finish the chances himself. However he can then make the subs to make sure the game is finished properly. Scannell is still miles off and will be released at end of the year and O’Neill just isn’t ready for the physical men’s football. Danilo was the best of a bad bunch of subs but Hurst found out ultimately what he wanted to know about some of them.

Special shout out to Bryn Morris who in the past week has been exceptional and made me eat a few of my words questioning if he had something in him to stay next year. Carry on like that till end of the season and I’m sure there will be a contract waiting for him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 189 - 206
21 Pages Prev ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crawley Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.