Croxton
March 31, 2023, 4:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

Just been to pick up my donny ticket. 2500 sold, 400ish left.

Did you hear a phone ringing by any chance? No response all day for me!  By contrast, when I rang Bradford I was informed that I was 5th in a queue. A pleasant chap told me that all remaining tickets would be brought back to Bradford and made available at the Away turnstiles. He said that this is an agreed practice across all League 2 clubs for the convenience of fans.

There aren't that many fixtures within easy reach of N.E. Lincs and with an atmosphere a 20,000 crowd brings. Both exiles and Grimsby residents would benefit from clear and early communication from the OS rather than random sources.

Too often, details are late,vague and/or conflicting. Someone needs to take an overview of the issues this season, especially when tickets are being sold for several matches at the same time. I get that resources are limited so would it not have been sensible to prioritise those customers buying tickets for the match next day?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
March 31, 2023, 6:55pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,828
Gold Stars: 555
The atmosphere was fruity in Feb 20 when the attendance was 17.6k so, at close to capacity, it’s going to be spicy.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
NorthLondonMariner
March 31, 2023, 7:20pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from Croxton

Did you hear a phone ringing by any chance? No response all day for me!  By contrast, when I rang Bradford I was informed that I was 5th in a queue. A pleasant chap told me that all remaining tickets would be brought back to Bradford and made available at the Away turnstiles. He said that this is an agreed practice across all League 2 clubs for the convenience of fans.

There aren't that many fixtures within easy reach of N.E. Lincs and with an atmosphere a 20,000 crowd brings. Both exiles and Grimsby residents would benefit from clear and early communication from the OS rather than random sources.

Too often, details are late,vague and/or conflicting. Someone needs to take an overview of the issues this season, especially when tickets are being sold for several matches at the same time. I get that resources are limited so would it not have been sensible to prioritise those customers buying tickets for the match next day?

No phone ringing, no que. Just me in there. I was in and out in 2 mins.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
Croxton
March 31, 2023, 7:59pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

No phone ringing, no que. Just me in there. I was in and out in 2 mins.

Thanks. I'll get there early with my printed receipt and a positive attitude.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 49
immariner
March 31, 2023, 9:44pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,413
Gold Stars: 61
So what line up and formation we thinking? Very much depends if Waterfall is back or not. Hurst intimated that one of Waterfall, Holohan or Taylor would likely be back in contention but he wouldn't say who. I wouldn't be against the team that started the other night but Hurst likes a horse for the course
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
grimsby pete
March 31, 2023, 10:08pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,798
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from immariner
So what line up and formation we thinking? Very much depends if Waterfall is back or not. Hurst intimated that one of Waterfall, Holohan or Taylor would likely be back in contention but he wouldn't say who. I wouldn't be against the team that started the other night but Hurst likes a horse for the course

Knowing Hursty all three or none of them.

He likes to keep them quessing

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
tintowner
April 1, 2023, 8:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +603
Gold Stars: 20
Just a reminder to all fellow match programme collectors .... Bradford City no longer produce them, just team sheets.

Batch, K.Moore, Waters, Wiggington, Crombie, Brolly, Ford, Drinkell, Mitchell, Cumming, Kilmore. D.Moore, Stone, Liddell. ....1979/80..... now that WAS a team.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
The Caterham Mariner
April 1, 2023, 9:00am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +84
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from DB
As it is a 1.00 pm start will it be on Mariners TV?

Bloody bet be !! on Mariners TV / Radio Humberside commentary
Can't be there so its my way to keep up to date with "Town!"
UTM..

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 49
nigelh
April 1, 2023, 9:37am

Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Approval: +35

Bloody bet be !! on Mariners TV / Radio Humberside commentary
Can't be there so its my way to keep up to date with "Town!"
UTM..

Looking at the official tweet, it's overseas subscribers only for live streaming. I don't really understand  why.

.....................n
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
The Caterham Mariner
April 2, 2023, 9:29am
Exile and Proud..
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.48
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +84
Gold Stars: 8
Quoted from nigelh

Looking at the official tweet, it's overseas subscribers only for live streaming. I don't really understand  why.

Phew got the 2nd half on Radio Humberside after doing
the push round "Mo's" with the "Non  Grimbarian Wife"
Who has to talk to half the shop whilst doing the shopping
Who thought K/O was at 3 O'clock ..." Who are palace playing today?"
Then says its my fault for not communicating properly..
In a former life I must have committed  some wicked things.
UTM

An Exile and Proud  !! UTM
Mariners Trust Life Member.
In the words of my Uncle Fred "You can take the man outta of Grimsby BUT  you can't take the Grimsby!  Out the man!"
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bradford away

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.