3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Sandford1981
March 24, 2023, 1:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,085
Gold Stars: 59
My younger brother just messaged me and said used to go to school with this lad and says how sound he is.
He’s also just forwarded me the face off and those two things alone will mean I’m tuning in tomorrow. I hope he teaches that mouthy sod a lesson!

G’won Levi!!!

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 22
pizzzza
March 24, 2023, 1:47pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Yes Levi, walking onto the weigh-in to the tune of Up The Mariners, good luck lad!

His opponent looks a right sharp object
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 22
cmackenzie4
March 24, 2023, 2:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
Just seen that push by Gomez, that’s totally unacceptable and I’d imagine he’ll lose a few fans due to doing that, he’s suppose to be a professional, the bad talk and behaviour like this is exactly why I never entered the professional game.

Levi reacted very professionally and I hope he smashes Gomez. He’s too big for his boots is that Gomez

Levi on points

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 22
Sandford1981
March 24, 2023, 3:19pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from cmackenzie4
Just seen that push by Gomez, that’s totally unacceptable and I’d imagine he’ll lose a few fans due to doing that, he’s suppose to be a professional, the bad talk and behaviour like this is exactly why I never entered the professional game.

Levi reacted very professionally and I hope he smashes Gomez. He’s too big for his boots is that Gomez

Levi on points

It was totally unprofessional and he should be losing a chunk of his purse for it. Levi could have been injured and unable to fight - I cannot stand these sorts of shenanigans. No need whatsoever and shows a lack of class.
There’s a lesson for Levi in it too. I’m sure he’ll be more guarded in the future.

Private Message
Reply: 13 - 22
Facer
March 24, 2023, 11:58pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: +2
disgraceful behavior by Gomez and puts boxing in a bad light. Worse was the commentators reaction to it IMO - they should have been calling it out and the dangers of it rather than just saying "that's to be expected with Gomez"

That type of behavior should never be accepted in a professional sport.

I suspect Gomez will come out like a bull in a china shop and go for an early KO - hopefully Levi can navigate that and beat him on points or via late stoppage
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 22
Sandford1981
March 25, 2023, 6:37am
Fine Wine Drinker
Quoted from Facer
disgraceful behavior by Gomez and puts boxing in a bad light. Worse was the commentators reaction to it IMO - they should have been calling it out and the dangers of it rather than just saying "that's to be expected with Gomez"

That type of behavior should never be accepted in a professional sport.

I suspect Gomez will come out like a bull in a china shop and go for an early KO - hopefully Levi can navigate that and beat him on points or via late stoppage

I’m glad an official complaint has been raised by Levi’s manager and that it’s to be looked at at by the British Boxing Board of Control.
An absolute sharp object!
Is Levi taking plenty of support to get behind him?

Private Message
Reply: 15 - 22
lukeo
March 25, 2023, 8:06am
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,386
Gold Stars: 149
I can't stand boxing but saw the push, what a helmet. Hope Levi wins.
What times it likely to start?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 22
promotion plaice
March 25, 2023, 10:09am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from pizzzza
Yes Levi, walking onto the weigh-in to the tune of Up The Mariners, good luck lad!

His opponent looks a right sharp object

35:05 minutes in for anyone interested.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 22
Humbercod
March 26, 2023, 9:10am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
I think Levi will be feeling hard done by, I think he won a close fight.
I would like to see the punches landed stats because Gomez threw a missed many shots, Levi was by far the classier fighter showing food skill, Gomez was just tough pushing Levi on the back foot every round but without dominating, the judges probably took his forward aggression into account.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 22
cmackenzie4
March 26, 2023, 11:48am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.25
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,345
Gold Stars: 34
I’ve just watched the highlights and it looked very close, Levi did very well and looked very comfortable at that level, his time will come, the experience he’ll have gained from that bout will carry him forward, I’ve no doubt in my mind that Levi will be a champion in the very near future (at least English champion) he put on a great show and matched him, it’s just a shame the decision didn’t go Levi’s way, I’m sure he’ll kick on and try again, he did excellent and put Grimsby on the map.

Well done Levi you did Grimsby proud. Professional throughout

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Levi Giles Boxing for English Title

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.