Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot, Mappers and 145 Guests

Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

This thread currently has 5,444 views. Print
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Les Brechin
January 18, 2023, 2:30pm

Posts Per Day: 4.16
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,726
Gold Stars: 174

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Mariner_09
January 18, 2023, 2:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Les Brechin

There were rumours of some funding being pulled. Anecdotal 'evidence' was us being able to get Croudson back and the fact we allegedly matched Lincoln's offer to Fox before Northampton blew us all out of the water.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 47
acko338
January 18, 2023, 2:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +44 / -6
Approval: +3,210
Gold Stars: 33
Do they need to lighten the player bill then?

If so  is that where the many rumours about their 2 players is staying live on here ?

Did anyone on here have prior of the impending loss?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 47
nealeardleyscrossing
January 18, 2023, 3:11pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.13
Rep Score: +2 / -1
Approval: -306
Gold Stars: 4
Certainly we have had to cut our cloth accordingly.
The losses have been covered and will be covered by additional funding.

Very difficult when Teams such as Wednesday, Bolton, P'Mouth, Derby, Ipswich, Peterborough and Charlton etc etc have budgets of 10 million plus are in the same division - I think it must be the strongest ever L1 I have known - I think Debt is inevitable.

We are also getting more money from the American family that invest - However, to be competitive in League one is getting impossible. Need a cup run, be lucky otherwise you are batting to avoid the bottom 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 47
diehardmariner
January 18, 2023, 3:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,704
Gold Stars: 543
Genuine questions - What guarantees are in place for this funding to continue to bankroll the club? Because those are hefty weekly losses if someone decides to cut their losses at some point.

Also, what's in it for the American investors? Football isn't a money making business for investors, so they must have something to gain from it?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 47
Les Brechin
January 18, 2023, 3:50pm

Very difficult when Teams such as Wednesday, Bolton, P'Mouth, Derby, Ipswich, Peterborough and Charlton etc etc have budgets of 10 million plus are in the same division - I think it must be the strongest ever L1 I have known - I think Debt is inevitable.

We are also getting more money from the American family that invest - However, to be competitive in League one is getting impossible. Need a cup run, be lucky otherwise you are batting to avoid the bottom 4.

Did you see that Blackpool have sacked Appleton?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64317051

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 47
Limerick Mariner
January 18, 2023, 3:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,746
Gold Stars: 138

Alot of clubs in a lower bracket though  Fleetwood, FG, Morcambe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Accy Wycombe; I know alot of them are rattling round the bottom at the moment but they survived and better in previous seasons. Mind I don't know what cash is being put into these clubs to keep them going at L1 level

You've a better ground than us and with the away end at SB being expanded you'll get a bit more revenue from the likes of Wednesday. If Lincoln struggle to survive, it would be haarder for us with our effective capacity at about 8.4k and only 1200 for away fans.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 47
Les Brechin
January 18, 2023, 3:53pm

League One can't be that briliant seeing as we stuffed the leaders 5-1 a few weeks back.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 47
Mariner_09
January 18, 2023, 4:05pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Alot of clubs in a lower bracket though  Fleetwood, FG, Morcambe, Burton, Shrewsbury, Accy Wycombe; I know alot of them are rattling round the bottom at the moment but they survived and better in previous seasons. Mind I don't know what cash is being put into these clubs to keep them going at L1 level

You've a better ground than us and with the away end at SB being expanded you'll get a bit more revenue from the likes of Wednesday. If Lincoln struggle to survive, it would be haarder for us with our effective capacity at about 8.4k and only 1200 for away fans.

I don't know how, but we're going to have to expand our capacity if we want to progress properly, and not superficially like Fleetwood, FGR etc have.

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 47
HerveJosse
January 18, 2023, 4:05pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +6 / -3
Approval: +1,204
Gold Stars: 144
Issued £2.7m new shares for cash in year so losses more then covered and no debt generated.
I think when our accounts are published we will find that’s approximately £2.7m more then us.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 47
5 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Lincoln post losses of £2m!!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.