OddShapedBalls
January 12, 2023, 9:22am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Maringer
Sort of understandable that some of the locals may be a bit disgruntled that they are forced to live in caravans because every other house is a barely used holiday home or a holiday let. Same goes for the Lakes as well, for that matter. Need the local authorities to have some sort of power to stop the communities being priced out of living there, though I'm not sure how they would do this.

It doesn't look like there will be too many space tourists visiting!

This was an issue in Wales in the early 80's, the Sons of Glyndwr took a burny burny approach. It was a massive topic when I lived in the Lakes too - luckily the locals hadn't discovered fire yet so the houses were all safe.  Joking aside, it's an absolute joke that a load of yuppies can destroy the local communities whilst only spending several weeks a year actually there but in a free market I don't think there is an answer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 11
OddShapedBalls
January 12, 2023, 9:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.02
Rep Score: +5 / -1
Approval: +1,193
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Maringer
You could be correct about me confusing the two. However, a quick Google indicates Beagle 2 probably landed safely but didn't work properly after that:

https://www.newscientist.com/a.....-new-analysis-shows/

Wasn't squished after all, apparently.

You live and learn! So Beagle 2 was kind of the British Leyland of Mars rovers?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 11
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Failed UK rocket launch

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.