DB
December 29, 2022, 1:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Croxton
Only just noticed that this round of fixtures largely pits teams above us against those below us. After travelling to Harrogate my glass is now half empty and I am looking over our shoulder.

Sorry DB but I think we are already in a scrap. Even though it harms our chances of playoffs I want all the teams below, and just above us, to lose today and tomorrow. We had our fun in May.

I do agree we're in a scrap, but for promotion. Who'd have said this time last year that we would have gotten promoted, there are over 23 games to play so keep believing.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 16
Poojah
December 29, 2022, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,583
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from DB

I do agree we're in a scrap, but for promotion. Who'd have said this time last year that we would have gotten promoted, there are over 23 games to play so keep believing.

Realistically, if Town were to put a decent run together of day 6 wins or so from 9, we’d be well in the hunt for a top 7 place. However, that’s not something we’ve really done all season and I’m yet to see that this team has the ability to perform so consistently.

I do think a lot will rest on our ability to sign that striker in January; we’re not going to have enough threat nor make the most of McAtee’s remaining time if we fail to do that.

Relegation though? Not a chance.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 16
GtfcGarner
December 29, 2022, 2:50pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
I think like others have said, we could have easily been playing the likes of Dorking this year so you have to put it into perspective. I'm so rash after a game and probably say things out of line because I know we have the infastructure in place to be much better than we currently are. I don't really believe in a year of 'consolidating' as you should always be aiming high and the best you can be. Bristol Rovers did two back to back promotions and have never looked back. I'd bet my bottom dollar that Notts County/Wrexham will be doing the same when either of them come up. We still aren't having a 'terrible' season just really need to keep on the forward foot with the fans we've been able to attract as if it's just a case of we will do our best to survive alot will turn away again and go back to having our gates of 4.5-5k. Show abit of something in January.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 16
Maringer
December 29, 2022, 2:53pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,545
Gold Stars: 185
What has been bizarre in some ways is now we've bossed the midfield in some games, but then completely lost it there a game or two later. Similarly, defence looks tight and well-organised a lot of the time, but we then gift soft goals to opponents who often don't have to work very hard for their goals. The definition of inconsistency, I suppose.

No doubt that the lack of forward options has been the biggest issue this season and I do wonder just how many players we missed out on for that vacant number 9 shirt. Hopefully, we've got some deals agreed and ready to sign early in the transfer window because we can't afford to struggle our way through another month of fixtures without strengthening the squad.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 16
grimsby pete
December 29, 2022, 3:03pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.80
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,800
Gold Stars: 222
We will not go down this season and we wont go up.

Unless we get 2 or 3 really good signings in.

Thats the joy with supporting town.

We always have hope.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 16
pen penfras
December 29, 2022, 8:40pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from chaos33

I mean, those last two remarks are just crass. We are clearly not ‘sh1te’ - we are middling and inconsistent, and lacking in a couple of areas, like the vast majority in this league. On our day we’ve looked a really good team. I’ve seen some truly sh1te Town teams over the years, and they were way, way poorer than this. As for ‘not even attempting to capitalise’….just a daft thing to say. The manager has been backed and will continue to be so I’m sure as a work in progress. Get yourself a couple of reality tablets and neck them with a glass of pragmatism juice.

Still want to stick with this?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 16
SteffiMariner
August 28, 2023, 9:18am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.10
Rep Score: +4 / -2
Approval: +408
Gold Stars: 19
Some things never change...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 16
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards The New Fishy › Last 6 league games

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.