This thread currently has 1,438 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
JoeTheMariner
December 9, 2022, 1:45pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +52
Anyone with any experience with any hospitality packages at BP? Been looking at watching a game with my grandad and this will make the perfect Christmas present.

Thanks all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Hagrid
December 9, 2022, 2:14pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,413
Gold Stars: 534
Quoted from JoeTheMariner
Anyone with any experience with any hospitality packages at BP? Been looking at watching a game with my grandad and this will make the perfect Christmas present.

Thanks all

good luck getting a reply from them is all i'd add been bloody hopeless since Dave Smith left

i think its 72 pounds a head now as well
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
PDXMariner
December 9, 2022, 3:44pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +36
I'd had exacly the same thoughts about taking my Dad, and despite emails, got nothing back. If anyone has another email would they let me know please?
I can't just pop in as I don't live in Grimsby anymore.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
Chrisblor
December 9, 2022, 4:32pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
You can order hospitality tickets through the GTFC Commercial website now - https://www.commercialgtfc.co.uk/product-page/executive-match-day-hospitality-package

Probably a lot faster than trying to sort it out over email!

Also in terms of the experience, can only talk about my last visit which was probably 3-4 years ago now, but the fish and chips in McMenemy’s are excellent. Dave Smith used to do a really good tour around Blundell Park which included visiting the dressing rooms and meeting some of the players if you arrived early, but now he's left i'm not sure if they're still doing them. They also get the players who are out injured or not selected to come up for photographs. I've always enjoyed the experience.

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
The Yard Dog
December 9, 2022, 5:51pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Not expreienced since Dave Smithh left, like someone said the tour by Dave Smith was interesting, followed by a 3 course meal (Cavery or fish & chips both excellent) bottle of wine, & coffee. Dave would walk about the tables taking the time to chat, I have been many a time and never had a bad experience except the wrong result sometimes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Simon
December 9, 2022, 8:19pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Approval: +237
Gold Stars: 33
I made the same enquiry, wanted four tickets for new years day and asked about disabled parking which got the reply "There is no disabled parking" not even allowed to drop off at the door to the upper youngs stand so it's a no go for us

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
jamesgtfc
December 9, 2022, 8:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Simon
I made the same enquiry, wanted four tickets for new years day and asked about disabled parking which got the reply "There is no disabled parking" not even allowed to drop off at the door to the upper youngs stand so it's a no go for us

Not even being able to drop a disabled person at the door is very poor form from the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Chrisblor
December 9, 2022, 8:30pm

Elemér Berkessy
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +51 / -20
Approval: +8,813
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from Simon

That's very disappointing to hear and I would suggest whoever you spoke to needs to familiarise themselves with the club's own webpage section for disabled supporters:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4O2DKce.png[/img]

From here under the 'Disabled Supporters' heading - https://gtfc.co.uk/visitors/

Possibly something to raise with our SLO or Debbie Cook? Surely the club should be treating enquiries from disabled supporters better than that!

gary jones
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
arryarryarry
December 9, 2022, 9:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,044
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Chrisblor

That's very disappointing to hear and I would suggest whoever you spoke to needs to familiarise themselves with the club's own webpage section for disabled supporters:

[img]https://i.imgur.com/4O2DKce.png[/img]

From here under the 'Disabled Supporters' heading - https://gtfc.co.uk/visitors/

Possibly something to raise with our SLO or Debbie Cook? Surely the club should be treating enquiries from disabled supporters better than that!

The attachment says where the disabled parking that is available is.

With no pay on the day parking and the Youngs stand looks over subscribed not sure where the club could provide extra places. Plus I often see people in wheelchairs using the lift in the Youngs stand so some do manage to get into Mcmenemy's.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
PDXMariner
December 10, 2022, 2:46pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +36
Quoted from Chrisblor
You can order hospitality tickets through the GTFC Commercial website now - https://www.commercialgtfc.co.uk/product-page/executive-match-day-hospitality-package

Probably a lot faster than trying to sort it out over email!

Also in terms of the experience, can only talk about my last visit which was probably 3-4 years ago now, but the fish and chips in McMenemy’s are excellent. Dave Smith used to do a really good tour around Blundell Park which included visiting the dressing rooms and meeting some of the players if you arrived early, but now he's left i'm not sure if they're still doing them. They also get the players who are out injured or not selected to come up for photographs. I've always enjoyed the experience.

Thanks! I have not seen that page on the website, so makes life a lot easier. Appreciate the review as well - looking forward to taking him to a game.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hospitality Tickets

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.