LH
October 19, 2022, 1:54pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,572
Gold Stars: 174
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

you're not wrong.

The argument at work, is Labour are just as bad, so people will vote Lib Dem.
From an 'amateur' point of view, that seems a wasted vote, and Labour are our only chance of sorting this mess out

It’s not foolproof but there’s plenty of quiz type things online to find where you stand on the political scale as a start point. Nearer the time you can fine tune your vote from there. A lot of people are surprised where they stand when they do them - mainly from where they source their information from I would imagine.

Once you do one you can come back and we can tell you why you’re a terrible person too! 😃
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 21
fishboyUTM
October 20, 2022, 8:27pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,071
Gold Stars: 40
I want to vote Conservative. Need to dig in, two years until General Election and pull themselves together. I'd bring back vote winner Boris Johnson who has a mandate from the people, he delivered an 80 plus seat majority.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 21
Hagrid
October 20, 2022, 8:55pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,489
Gold Stars: 536
Quoted from fishboyUTM
I want to vote Conservative. Need to dig in, two years until General Election and pull themselves together. I'd bring back vote winner Boris Johnson who has a mandate from the people, he delivered an 80 plus seat majority.

You’d bring back Boris Johnson. You dont deserve a vote
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 21
ginnywings
October 20, 2022, 10:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from fishboyUTM

If you're being serious, I would ask what they would have to do, how low they would have to take us before you lost faith with the Tories?

I've never understood why working people vote for the Tories, but I'm absolutely gob smacked that those that do will look at what's happened over the last 6 years, and say yeah, I'll have some more of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 21
barralad
October 20, 2022, 10:48pm
Mariners Trust
Posts Per Day: 2.32
Rep Score: +85 / -22
Approval: +9,298
Gold Stars: 127
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Boris Johnson won an election on a 3 word slogan. Get Brexit Done. The next election will be fought on financial competence. There is no 3 word slogan that sufficient numbers of people will relate to.

The aim of argument or discussion should not be victory but progress.

Joseph Joubert.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 21
ginnywings
October 20, 2022, 11:20pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from barralad

Boris Johnson won an election on a 3 word slogan. Get Brexit Done. The next election will be fought on financial competence. There is no 3 word slogan that sufficient numbers of people will relate to.

Up sh1t creek?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 21
jamesgtfc
October 20, 2022, 11:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,039
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from ginnywings

If you're being serious, I would ask what they would have to do, how low they would have to take us before you lost faith with the Tories?

I've never understood why working people vote for the Tories, but I'm absolutely gob smacked that those that do will look at what's happened over the last 6 years, and say yeah, I'll have some more of that.

What about that extra £350m that never made its way to the NHS? Maybe that will magically reappear in 18 months time...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 21
aldi_01
October 21, 2022, 7:22am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Anyone shocked by the typical Tory approach of, look after myself and intercourse the rest coming to the forefront again is an idiot, no other way to describe them.

The nonsense is already oozing out of the morons as we speak, I’ve already heard ‘Bring Boris back, he was dealt a bad hand and he did wonders through Covid’.

It’s as if people are so blind to the truth they just accept abject failure. Working people, the average man voting tory has never and will never make any real sense but I’m also beginning to wonder that some people really shouldn’t get the vote.

Ironically, over my professional career, I’ve had more balanced discussions about politics from teenagers and those incarcerated, but of course our society doesn’t allow them to vote. Shame really, they have a better grasp on politics than most politicians, and let’s face it, Boris should be in a cell anyway.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 21
Maringer
October 21, 2022, 7:37am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,646
Gold Stars: 189
All you need to know about Johnson is told by the fact he's currently on holiday in the Caribbean. While parliament sits during an ongoing crisis. It isn't in recess. The lazy fat fornicator should be working now.

Chances he paid for the holiday himself? Pretty slim.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 21
DB
October 21, 2022, 9:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.45
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,047
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from fishboyUTM

With lies, lies and more lies.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 21
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › General Election vote

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.