2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
September 27, 2022, 11:17am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,705
Gold Stars: 543
Can't see this posted anywhere else - apologies if so.

https://gtfc.co.uk/new-date-for-manchester-city-papa-johns-fixture/

Essentially, if anyone was in doubt of the need to boycott this farce of a competition this should be more than enough to sway you to doing so.

An utter disgrace.  The Trust have already issued a statement of their disappointment and are seeking a response from the EFL.  I understand the club have to be careful on what they say/do, but I would love it if they turned round and said 'Nah, intercourse it.  We're not playing it.  Withdraw us'.
Private Message
Ruston AT
September 27, 2022, 11:29am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +426
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from diehardmariner
Can't see this posted anywhere else - apologies if so.

https://gtfc.co.uk/new-date-for-manchester-city-papa-johns-fixture/

Essentially, if anyone was in doubt of the need to boycott this farce of a competition this should be more than enough to sway you to doing so.

An utter disgrace.  The Trust have already issued a statement of their disappointment and are seeking a response from the EFL.  I understand the club have to be careful on what they say/do, but I would love it if they turned round and said 'Nah, intercourse it.  We're not playing it.  Withdraw us'.

Right behind you Diehardmariner, time for the lower league clubs to own it. The EFL are so weak its unbelievable .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 12
The Yard Dog
September 27, 2022, 12:29pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
EFL should not allow a league fixture to be cancelled to fulfil a Papa John’s Trophy game, just another reason why the Premeirship U'23 team should not be in our competition.
The problem being the Premiership is so powerful with the financial clout it has over the EFL.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 12
Lost in Lincoln
September 27, 2022, 1:20pm
Formerly siy2k5
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +388
Gold Stars: 7
I have to say I've been pretty non-plussed over the whole B/U23/U21 PL teams being in the competition.  I don't like it, but it is what it is, an attempt at reviving a flagging competition that realistically no-one cared about unless their team got to the final.

However, this postponement of a League 2 fixture to accommodate it, in my view, crosses the line in the sand.

It's an absolute disgrace and needs to be nipped in the bud immediately!

First game: 7/5/88 Aldershot (h) 1-1 (R)
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 12
toontown
September 27, 2022, 1:26pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,279
Gold Stars: 70
Total joke and just reinforces the need to boycott this frankensteins monster of a competition which only exists to try and normalise the idea of EFL teams playing premiership B teams (or u23 or whatever).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 12
The Yard Dog
September 27, 2022, 4:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,516
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Lost in Lincoln
I have to say I've been pretty non-plussed over the whole B/U23/U21 PL teams being in the competition.  I don't like it, but it is what it is, an attempt at reviving a flagging competition that realistically no-one cared about unless their team got to the final.

However, this postponement of a League 2 fixture to accommodate it, in my view, crosses the line in the sand.

It's an absolute disgrace and needs to be nipped in the bud immediately!

It was not an attempt to revive a flagging competition, it was highjack to give Premiership U21s/U23s a proper game of football.

Have you seen the list of the previous winners, I bet the gates were higher before introduction of the Premiership U21s teams.

Our smallest Cup Attendance: 248 v Sunderland U23's in Football League Trophy on 8 November 2017

The competition was renamed again in 2016, becoming the EFL Trophy, coinciding with the Football League rebranding to the English Football League. The first season under the new name saw sixteen Category One academies, of Premier League and Championship clubs, join the competition,

a move which has been criticised for attempting to insert Premier League 'B', or academy U21 teams into the English football pyramid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
mimma
September 27, 2022, 4:31pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
The trust have written a brilliant letter to the EFL setting out everything that is wrong with this.
Sorry can't post the link, perhaps someone better than me can.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
Mariner_09
September 27, 2022, 4:36pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.09
Rep Score: +19 / -13
Approval: +1,194
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from mimma
The trust have written a brilliant letter to the EFL setting out everything that is wrong with this.
Sorry can't post the link, perhaps someone better than me can.

https://www.marinerstrust.co.uk/an-open-letter-to-the-efl/

I've wasted my life in black and white, a pathetic act for a worthless cause
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
headingly_mariner
September 27, 2022, 5:19pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,394
Gold Stars: 120
Well done the Trust. Absolute shithouses at the EFL
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
September 27, 2022, 5:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,698
Gold Stars: 72
We should refuse to put a team out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crewe Game Bumped

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.