2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Poojah
September 6, 2022, 10:59pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,665
Gold Stars: 1,508
Back in town for the Crewe game on Saturday and stopping overnight, so I’m planning on leaving the kids with my mum and dad and taking the wife out for a rare meal just the two of us.

Looking to try somewhere we’ve not done before, which off the top of my head excludes Steels, Papas, Tale of Two, the Kingsway, Counting House and Valerie’s.

Open-minded as to what cuisine. Love a curry but we live in Leeds and about 5 miles from the border of Bradford, so it would have to be pretty strong to beat what we can get round here.

Thoughts welcome!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
promotion plaice
September 7, 2022, 12:42am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Poojah
Back in town for the Crewe game on Saturday and stopping overnight, so I’m planning on leaving the kids with my mum and dad and taking the wife out for a rare meal just the two of us.

Looking to try somewhere we’ve not done before, which off the top of my head excludes Steels, Papas, Tale of Two, the Kingsway, Counting House and Valerie’s.

Open-minded as to what cuisine. Love a curry but we live in Leeds and about 5 miles from the border of Bradford, so it would have to be pretty strong to beat what we can get round here.

Thoughts welcome!

Admittedly I haven't been in there for a while but the Agrah Indian Restaurant on Sea View St has never disappointed in the past.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 13
Maringer
September 7, 2022, 7:29am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,641
Gold Stars: 188
Agrah is always good. I went out for a meal to Fez the other month (Turkish/Mediterranean) and that wasn't at all bad.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 13
ginnywings
September 7, 2022, 9:26am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
TapHouse at the Boating Lake aint bad. They are a non profit organisation too, and put money back into the community

https://cleethorpes-taphouse-kitchen.ueniweb.com/#header
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 13
Maringer
September 7, 2022, 9:47am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,641
Gold Stars: 188
A good selection of beer at the Tap House as well, of course. I've only been once, at lunchtime with the extended family and we were on slightly uncomfortable benches along an overly-narrow table, so it wasn't the most comfortable of affairs, it must be said!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 13
psgmariner
September 7, 2022, 10:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Poojah

Thoughts welcome!

I'm yet to find a curry house round here that matches the stuff you can get in Leeds and Bradford. Been to Petit Delight? Might be more "date night" than the Aagrah.

Private Message
Reply: 5 - 13
aldi_01
September 7, 2022, 10:45am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from psgmariner

I'm yet to find a curry house round here that matches the stuff you can get in Leeds and Bradford. Been to Petit Delight? Might be more "date night" than the Aagrah.

If you’re after some level of sophistication I’d suggest a drink in Message in a Bottle, then head over to Petit Delight…

I love the Agrah but you live near some of the best curry houses in then north. Nothing will compare.

Good in Counting house is decent but I’d imagine it’s not the best environment for a Saturday night.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 13
Hagrid
September 7, 2022, 11:10am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,488
Gold Stars: 536
Fez is Spot on
Valentinos is Okay and the waiter is a character

best food i've had round here recently is Stone Oven Italian Kitchen, in scartho though
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 13
ginnywings
September 7, 2022, 2:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Maringer
A good selection of beer at the Tap House as well, of course. I've only been once, at lunchtime with the extended family and we were on slightly uncomfortable benches along an overly-narrow table, so it wasn't the most comfortable of affairs, it must be said!

Yeah, the seating isn't the comfiest.

Pettit Delight is a good shout as mentioned.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 13
Poojah
September 7, 2022, 8:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,665
Gold Stars: 1,508
Thanks for the thoughts and recommendations, gents.

Fez looks good and was on my shortlist, though through some odd fluke there happen to be four really good Mediterranean restaurants within walking distance of my house, so I might see if Petit has a table available as a first pick.

Probably right about the Agrah and I did once make the mistake of booking the Counting House on a Saturday night (think it was the night we beat Notts County to stay up under Jolley) but it was absolutely fúcking rammed in there with noise to match so we ended up waking out and having some decent tapas at a Tale of Two instead.

Hopefully I’ll be celebrating come Saturday night too!

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 13
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Meal in Cleethorpes

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.