1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
FPVmariner
August 24, 2022, 8:21pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
‘Cleveland police officer keeps job after urinating in shop’.

So an off duty pigess gets wankered and pìsses in a clothes shop changing room.  Spends months suspended on full pay and then even after being found guilty of gross misconduct, keeps her job…….

WTF, I’ll go and urine in a shop doorway tonight.  I wonder if I’ll end up being arrested, name in the papers, branded scum, employer informed, lose my job, get a hefty fine, criminal record.

Is there any wonder that the police have zero respect in this country!!!
Private Message
Bogtrotter
August 24, 2022, 9:34pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +221
Gold Stars: 8
Unbelievable, she was in her probationary period as well.

Then there is this (which is perhaps most important);

"Before the decision was made, Olivia Checa-Dover, representing the force, told the panel its findings that the probationer had been dishonest meant she was now “undeployable” as an officer.

As she lied while being questioned on oath about what happened at the store, that would have to be disclosed to defence lawyers in any future investigations she carried out, the barrister said."

FFS
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
promotion plaice
August 25, 2022, 12:17am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 200

They usually urinate in the street where I live.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
aldi_01
August 25, 2022, 8:40am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
What’s interesting is why they’ve kept her on? What’s their justification? One would assume that even with Restorative work and the belief of redemption, she committed Gross Misconduct and seems to have fabricated or embellished the truth.

On the whole, the police do a great job given the circumstances but it’s scenarios like this that damages that relationship between them and the public.

If I were in the force I’d be annoyed by this persons actions, much like when I see people in my own profession flipping up, regardless of anything, it reflects badly on all of us.

I’m sure there’ll be some fallout to this. Interesting that it hasn’t really made the National media, or not that I’ve seen.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
Rick12
August 25, 2022, 10:16am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from aldi_01
What’s interesting is why they’ve kept her on? What’s their justification? One would assume that even with Restorative work and the belief of redemption, she committed Gross Misconduct and seems to have fabricated or embellished the truth.

On the whole, the police do a great job given the circumstances but it’s scenarios like this that damages that relationship between them and the public.

If I were in the force I’d be annoyed by this persons actions, much like when I see people in my own profession flipping up, regardless of anything, it reflects badly on all of us.

I’m sure there’ll be some fallout to this. Interesting that it hasn’t really made the National media, or not that I’ve seen.
I hope this is an isolated case and it's a shame this police officer didn't  suffer the justice a normal citizen would do. I've heard cases where it's sometimes the other way around and the justice system comes down far heavier on those in the establishment. Detective asks to be let of on the sly for speeding . It comes to light and she looses her job and is sent to prison for a time .

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
TownSNAFU5
August 25, 2022, 9:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,894
Gold Stars: 42
Living in York I feel that she was pissing on my doorstep.

She should have been sacked for any number of key reasons:

Lying to her superiors (raises serious doubts about her integrity and giving evidence in court).
What she actually did.
Being found guilty in court
Being found guilty of gross misconduct after an internal investigation
Bringing shame on the Police
Ensuring that the public have less faith in the police (and after she kept her job)
Getter so drunk that she could not control her actions
And possibly the worse reason - being on probation.  Where you are on your very best behaviour because you want to be retained in a permanent position. She blatantly ignored this.

Maybe crying in court influenced her bosses in her favour?

A sad day.  The bar has been lowered again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Cleveland police officer keeps job

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.