2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Maringer
July 7, 2022, 2:03pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,629
Gold Stars: 185
When the batteries get up to pace (or are easily replaceable), electric cars will be clocking up the miles and getting well past 250K. Very little wear in tear in electric motors and the lack of moving parts in comparison to ICEs should mean very high mileage is possible. Hybrids, of course, have two motors which can fail plus all the moving parts so you're probably less likely to get a high mileage in one of those in comparison to a well-kept ICE car.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 15
aldi_01
July 7, 2022, 4:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Maringer
When the batteries get up to pace (or are easily replaceable), electric cars will be clocking up the miles and getting well past 250K. Very little wear in tear in electric motors and the lack of moving parts in comparison to ICEs should mean very high mileage is possible. Hybrids, of course, have two motors which can fail plus all the moving parts so you're probably less likely to get a high mileage in one of those in comparison to a well-kept ICE car.

My first gen, 2010 Toyota auris hybrid did 60mpg, did 196k, never had a service and literally only had brakes and tyres. Not so much as an oil change…drove like a dream and it’s still going, seen it around town.

When I can afford and justify the shift to full electric, still on full hybrid but love it.

Ironically, I did as many, if not more during covid due to delivering food to families and checking in with family and friends. Although my new school is significantly nearer to my house so hopefully my mpg increases and my driving time will obviously decrease.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 15
blundellpork
July 7, 2022, 10:53pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,665
Gold Stars: 32
Taken a VW Polo and Ford Focus to 125,000, but circumstances dictated a change in car each time. Had I have kept them, I’m confident both could have got to 250,000. Diesel engines just crunch the miles.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 15
LH
July 7, 2022, 11:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,558
Gold Stars: 174
135,000 Audi A3, 130,000 Vauxhall Insignia. Both economic write offs despite full service. I always buy around the 20-30k mark and run them into the ground over 4-5 years. The next victim is a Mazda 3 which I’ve had for two years.
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 15
FPVmariner
July 9, 2022, 6:32pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.22
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Brazilnut
Last night driving home from work  my car hit 1/4 million miles on the clock ........just wondered if any others on here had cars of similar mileage

Not quite at your level but mines just reached 198,00, also a Volvo, XC60.  Still on the original clutch and aside from one bill of just over a grand I’ve been lucky enough to have only spent on tyres and service.  To be fair most of the miles have been on the motorway, in true Volvo driver style, I.e sit in the middle lane at 65mph.  This is my first Volvo, wasn’t old enough to have one previously  
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 15
jamesgtfc
July 9, 2022, 9:30pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +13,038
Gold Stars: 190
Furthest I've got a car is the 150k mark, I currently have an Insignia sitting at 127k with full service history. Before that I had a 207 diesel which would have gone on for eternity but for an idiot hitting me head on.

Curious about electric but the maths don't work out at the moment. If petrol and diesel prices keep going up and electricity costs come back down, it becomes a serious consideration.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 15
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.