1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
crusty ole pie
May 23, 2022, 7:03am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.54
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,327
Gold Stars: 66
Fingers crossed lucky rabbit lucky pants ect we need it all but please FOR felicitations SAKE KEEP OFF THAT PITCH THE AUTHORITIES WILL BE COMING DOWN HARD ON THESE FANS MEANING LARGE FINES GROUND CLOSURES AND POINTS DEDUCTIONS
whatever league we find ourselves in next season let’s not make it doubley hard on our club so I say it again KEEP OFF THE flipping PITCH
Logged Offline
Private Message
aldi_01
May 23, 2022, 7:13am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
They won’t but I understand your sentiments.

Lotwrelly the same conversation every single season since I can remember.

I’m expecting a stewarding masterclass in flipping up and the usual over zealous policing from Notts.

Then the usual farce with seats Becauee you couldn’t pick your seats so mates wanna stand with mates but then folk will want to be in their designated seat which is fine but it’ll cause an issue. I’ll end up watching the game from an aisle before working my way in to the front bit behind the wheelchairs, speak to a lad from a schoo I work at who will be buzzing his mammaries off and will be laughing  at the fact they put him in his wheelchair right at the barrier so he’s likely to get whacked with a ball and zero reflexes to dodge it…

Town will score late on, queue scenes of delirium and a trip to Wrexham and the ensuing bun fight for tickets…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 7
crusty ole pie
May 23, 2022, 7:35am

Whiskey Drinker
Hopefully they will open up a extra section tonight to allow people to sit with there mates ect but expect and hope the mingling at front is dispersed before it gets to hard to control
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 7
WOZOFGRIMSBY
May 23, 2022, 9:42am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Hopefully they will open up a extra section tonight to allow people to sit with there mates ect but expect and hope the mingling at front is dispersed before it gets to hard to control

And if they do, then why didn’t they f@cking do it in the first place?

I remember back in the 90s when we used to get the stand behind the goal at meadow lane. Was superbly organised and the stewards were spot on. Now it sounds like they are making a rod for their own back.

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 7
The Yard Dog
May 23, 2022, 2:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,504
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY

And if they do, then why didn’t they f@cking do it in the first place?

I remember back in the 90s when we used to get the stand behind the goal at meadow lane. Was superbly organised and the stewards were spot on. Now it sounds like they are making a rod for their own back.

Thats what they want, if things get heated got a excuse, blame GTFC fans, rather than, poorly managed from the outset by all involved.

Hopefully town win and no trouble, after whats happened recently, I can see heavy handed approach from the police and stewards tonight.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 7
lukeo
May 23, 2022, 5:57pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,372
Gold Stars: 148
Massive stand with only 2,000 fans in. Surely they could spread you all out and cover up the bottom 5-6 rows and stairs (unlesss it's a fire exit obviously) more reliable to stop any pitch encroachment or anyone standing crowded at the bottom.

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 7
rancido
May 23, 2022, 6:06pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,573
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01
They won’t but I understand your sentiments.

Lotwrelly the same conversation every single season since I can remember.

I’m expecting a stewarding masterclass in flipping up and the usual over zealous policing from Notts.

Then the usual farce with seats Becauee you couldn’t pick your seats so mates wanna stand with mates but then folk will want to be in their designated seat which is fine but it’ll cause an issue. I’ll end up watching the game from an aisle before working my way in to the front bit behind the wheelchairs, speak to a lad from a schoo I work at who will be buzzing his mammaries off and will be laughing  at the fact they put him in his wheelchair right at the barrier so he’s likely to get whacked with a ball and zero reflexes to dodge it…

Town will score late on, queue scenes of delirium and a trip to Wrexham and the ensuing bun fight for tickets…

If I buy a ticket for a specific seat then I expect to sit there - no iffs or buts. I know some like to sit with their mates but surely they can manage a football game without their"security blanket" to comfort them 😉

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 7
crusty ole pie
May 24, 2022, 7:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Well what can I say the team was magnificent, Paul hurst you played a blinder got every key decision right AND TO THE 2000 FANS YOU WAS AWSOME NEVER STOPPED SINGING FOR 120 MINUTES LAST NIGHT YOU WERE A CREDIT TO OUR CLUB
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 7
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › LAST NIGHT

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.