Abdul19
May 19, 2022, 11:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Quoted from LH

Just seen a video of someone - who clearly wants their family to go to a funeral next week - have a go at Patrick Viera at Goodison.

https://twitter.com/JDNalton/status/1527405376420954112

Go on Paddy!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 94
Poojah
May 19, 2022, 11:32pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,515
Gold Stars: 1,500
He’s done fúck all wrong there. Given what’s gone on this week, if he feels someone on his shoulder he’s entitled to react.

Pitch invasions, in the right circumstances, are great. A minority of  bell ends are fast ruining football for the majority.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 94
Limerick Mariner
May 19, 2022, 11:50pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,694
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from Poojah
If this League Two play-off between Port Vale and Swindon is anything to go by, whoever goes up from the National League will do alright next season. Absolutely zero quality in the final third on display from either team.

Agreed  - I'll be piling on Stockport in season points spread on Sporting, equally the teams that have come down with a combined total of 24 fewer points than us and Southend the previous season are going to struggl. 3 particularly weak teams have gone down, whereas I expect Gateshead, York/Boston and Maidstone to be more competitive than those, if the bookies don't have Oldham and Scunny short odds for relegation I'll be piling in there as well.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 94
aldi_01
May 20, 2022, 6:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Have to say, what I saw of the game last night, it wasn’t great. I get that teams get nervous and they’ve probably played well over the season but I reckon any of the top 7 of the conference would’ve given them both a game…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 94
jamesgtfc
May 20, 2022, 9:21am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from aldi_01
Have to say, what I saw of the game last night, it wasn’t great. I get that teams get nervous and they’ve probably played well over the season but I reckon any of the top 7 of the conference would’ve given them both a game…

9 of the top half in League 2 have escaped this division in the last 10 years. Stockport have to be short odds for promotion next season and if Wrexham follow them, I expect they will be too but I'm sure the top 10 in this league would be pretty comfortable in League 2.

This league will be a difficult one to escape next season but I also think, Scunny aside, it will be a competitive division. Oldham will be bottom half I think but I expect Scunny will prop the table up from very early on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 94
ncfc_chalky
May 20, 2022, 10:13am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Mansfield and Forest are both in playoff finals so that just leaves Notts to complete the pack,maybe it's Nottinghamshire clubs year  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 94
Poojah
May 20, 2022, 10:20am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,515
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from ncfc_chalky
Mansfield and Forest are both in playoff finals so that just leaves Notts to complete the pack,maybe it's Nottinghamshire clubs year  

Yes, that’s exactly how these things work.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 94
RonMariner
May 20, 2022, 12:05pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,672
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from LH

Just seen a video of someone - who clearly wants their family to go to a funeral next week - have a go at Patrick Viera at Goodison.

It's getting well out of hand now. It's not just people running on the pitch to celebrate, its cretins targeting opposition players and staff. It has happened at three  grounds this week.

The authorities need to stamp this out. They should impose ground closures on offending clubs, perhaps even point deductions, and the police should arrest as many trespassers as they can, with the culprits being given fines and banning orders. Anyone found guilty of assaulting a player or official should be given jail time and life bans.

Don't want to come across as too much of a reactionary, but the alternative is to reintroduce fencing which no one wants to see.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 94
RichMariner
May 20, 2022, 1:59pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,132
Gold Stars: 209
I don't think they're allowed to reintroduce fencing, are they?

The system works on the basis that people behave themselves. I don't want to see an end to pitch invasions but I must admit, each time I've witnessed one in the past I've always wondered how the losing team get back to the dressing room without being antagonised by the winning fans.

I thought incidents like this would've happened long before now. You'd think they'd have been deterred by what happened to that Forest fan but if anything it just seems to encourage the behaviour even more.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 68 - 94
ncfc_chalky
May 20, 2022, 2:53pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.27
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +422
Gold Stars: 58
Quoted from Poojah

Yes, that’s exactly how these things work.

Sometimes the stars just align 😎

Just got back from Arnold and there's two Del Boy types at each end of the town flogging red scarves and flags to the new lifelong fans,I hope to god that they don't go up otherwise they will be unbearable
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 94
10 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › EFL Play Offs

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.