lee65
January 3, 2022, 9:07pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Play-offs are one leg so it depends where we finish. Need to finish 2nd or 3rd to not play an away game before Wembley.

Must admit I didn’t realise that!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 66
Mariner_501
January 3, 2022, 9:14pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Max Wright is a good player at this level. Hoping he finally manages to stay fit for us and for him. Town fan and can really give us something
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 66
jamesgtfc
January 3, 2022, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,957
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from lee65

Must admit I didn’t realise that!

6 teams in the play-offs so it's:

4th v 7th (to play away 3rd)
5th v 6th (to play away at 2nd)
Final
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 66
arryarryarry
January 3, 2022, 9:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,042
Gold Stars: 116
I thought the first 35 minutes were a bit meh, with Halifax looking the slightly stronger on the ball but neither side troubling the keepers. Not sure if it was Hunt coming on for Coke but we looked better in the last 10 minutes.

Second half we were much the stronger side and creating chances, it's just a shame we gave a goal away with a mistake from Crocombe and also the ref being a complete twit. If it wasn't for that I am sure we would have won.

We need some 90 minute performances like that second half, we may then crawl our way back up this League.

Private Message
Reply: 44 - 66
HertsGTFC
January 3, 2022, 10:02pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
There’s nothing massive I can add to what has been said already on here but I had been concerned that maybe the poor run was in a small part down to a lack of resilience but this afternoon clearly put that to bed.

Disappointed with their goal if I’m honest but it has to noted that Crowcombe had little to do for most of the game. Looking back neither keeper has been that busy at home from what I recall.

We finished the game with a lot of young talent on the pitch and I think that energy really kept up the belief and momentum.

Halifax are very streetwise (cheating) and well organised and I’d expect them to be right up there come the end of the season.

If we stay lucky with injuries and add a couple getting in the play offs is more than achievable.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 66
lee65
January 3, 2022, 10:08pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +2,483
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from jamesgtfc

6 teams in the play-offs so it's:

4th v 7th (to play away 3rd)
5th v 6th (to play away at 2nd)
Final

Thank you for that, so we really need to finish no lower than 5th, or no chance of a home play-off game at all
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 66
pontoonlew
January 3, 2022, 10:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,998
Gold Stars: 174
Thought Hunt changed the pace of our game when he came on, Pearson’s distribution at times was superb.

Deserved that point, feel like we could’ve got 3. Feels much better being able to say McAtee will be back for the next one.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 66
Heisenberg
January 3, 2022, 10:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,044
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from lee65

Thank you for that, so we really need to finish no lower than 5th, or no chance of a home play-off game at all

Yep, a bit like the World Cup playoffs nowadays too. For example, if Wales and Scotland win their respective one-leg semis, Wales play a home one-legger against Scotland for a place in the finals. No away goals rule or aggregate scores. At this stage I quite like the idea but if we finish 7th I might whine a bit more I reckon!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 66
Maringer
January 3, 2022, 10:54pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,504
Gold Stars: 185
I agree that Hunt did well today. In fact, by far his best performance for months that I've seen. Probably helped that everybody was in pretty decent form and showing for the pass.

The fact that Hunt seems to be more effective when playing a bit deeper makes me think that's probably going to be his best role for us.  I'd also hope that McAtee will return to the team and get back to form quickly and this will hopefully allow Hunt to get further forward on occasion.

That's assuming that Hunt stays for the whole season, of course. Is he just here until the end of the month at present?

Very few wasted passes from us today which makes a big difference to most games over the past couple of months!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 66
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Just Back

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.