This thread currently has 2,221 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Simon
December 3, 2021, 4:34pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Approval: +259
Gold Stars: 32
Heard on the radio earlier a planning application has been submitted to install two all weather pitches at Clee Fields and subject to those being approved a further application with be forthcoming to fully redevelop the King George site

Only picked up on part of the story as I was pricing some flooring at a  clients property, is this to be the site of the new training ground then if so sounds promising

All Town aren't we ..... UTM  
Logged Offline
Private Message
blundellpork
December 3, 2021, 4:45pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Rep Score: +3 / -2
Approval: +1,635
Gold Stars: 31
No mention of GTFC in anything that I have read or heard, but appears a logical assumption.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
Simon
December 3, 2021, 5:05pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from blundellpork
No mention of GTFC in anything that I have read or heard, but appears a logical assumption.

I have just looked on the NEL planning portal and can't see any application, i'm sure i wasn't hearing things  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
promotion plaice
December 3, 2021, 5:14pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,952
Gold Stars: 188

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
jamesgtfc
December 3, 2021, 5:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,807
Gold Stars: 187
Quoted from Simon
Heard on the radio earlier a planning application has been submitted to install two all weather pitches at Clee Fields and subject to those being approved a further application with be forthcoming to fully redevelop the King George site

Only picked up on part of the story as I was pricing some flooring at a  clients property, is this to be the site of the new training ground then if so sounds promising

Cleethorpes Town

[url]https://twitter.com/CleeTownFC/status/1466367356830203906?t=glDXng1BDtGjR-bCpte4ug&s=19[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Simon
December 3, 2021, 5:49pm
Snakebite drinker
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Cleethorpes Town

[url]https://twitter.com/CleeTownFC/status/1466367356830203906?t=glDXng1BDtGjR-bCpte4ug&s=19[/url]

Different site

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
jimgtfc
December 3, 2021, 6:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +4,973
Gold Stars: 38
Doesn’t read like a new training ground for us from that, more an alternative to Bradley pitches for the council.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
pontoon442
December 3, 2021, 9:07pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -3
Approval: -261
Gold Stars: 5
King Georges Stadium belong to the King George's Fields Foundation, and is looked after by NELC on their behalf who have in turn let Lincs Inspire run it behalf for 25 years on a dreadful contract.... [url][/url]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/King_George%27s_Fields[url][/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
Ruston AT
December 4, 2021, 9:07am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +405
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Simon

Not a bad shout, my money is on Barrats.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
coddy60
December 4, 2021, 9:33am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
This is nothing to do with GTFC I believe, the improvements etc have been planned for some time now....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Clee Fields / King George

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.