Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights.
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 84 Guests

Highlights.

This thread currently has 1,600 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 21, 2021, 8:21am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.02
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,151
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2021, 8:40am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.04
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Better than I remembered.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
LondonMariner43
November 21, 2021, 8:55am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +19 / -4
Approval: +3,979
Gold Stars: 64
I thought we played well at times and far superior to Southend.  We just allowed them to get on top for a couple of spells and let the intensity drop.  I think McAtee is important at really keeping the intensity high as could be seen when he came on - always pressing and demanding the ball when we have it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
thefish
November 21, 2021, 9:00am

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,255
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from LondonMariner43
I thought we played well at times and far superior to Southend.  We just allowed them to get on top for a couple of spells and let the intensity drop.  I think McAtee is important at really keeping the intensity high as could be seen when he came on - always pressing and demanding the ball when we have it.

Definitely! I didn’t understand some of the negativity on here. We just needed to be more clinical in front of goal and the score line could’ve been as comfortable as the performance.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
moosey_club
November 21, 2021, 9:36am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,298
Gold Stars: 226
I watched a big chunk of the game back yesterday and looked better than I thought when I was there in person, quite alot of promising break up of play and strong looking counter attack set ups but some very loose passing at times breaking down the moves.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLWL but not NLN 😁
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
Mayaman
November 21, 2021, 10:09am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,421
Gold Stars: 74
Looked a different game to what I listened to in the wee hours of Saturday morning.  We were having shots on goal.  Harry came close and Sousa had a couple.  The Southend box was pretty crammed. Hopefully that will bring us out of the trough.  Shame Chesterfield, Boreham Wood and Bromley can't bloody lose.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
denni266
November 21, 2021, 10:37am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +698
Gold Stars: 132
Looked a lot better than it sounded on the radio. We just need that extra striker no 9  to finish some of them moves off.  Cant fault effort one bit  and probably trying too hard at times to make a perfect chance
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
Kris2
November 21, 2021, 11:01am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Southend were poor and it's why they didn't turn long spells of a lot of possession into chances and goals. There were chances we could have got more, Clifton was very close with a placed shot on the edge of the box that was just wide. Made it all a bit uncomfortable after scoring early and defending a narrow lead but to their credit they defended well when called upon and Macca pulled a quick save out to deny probably their closest shot on goal.

Rhys Murphy was a total nob the whole game including trying to harass and bully the referee constantly, has apparently scored a few goals but seemed to be frustrated by being isolated by himself much of the game, a problem we can relate to. Brunt who they have on loan looks a player, who knows if he can rejuvenate a clearly very jaded side at a club falling apart. Sort of in danger of becoming the next Stockport and go into freefall before things can get better.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
lowerfindus
November 21, 2021, 11:17am

Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +202
Gold Stars: 2
Adam Virgo doesn't like us much (still).

Never drink in a pub with a flat roof.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
aldi_01
November 21, 2021, 2:35pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I’m reality, as poor game as it felt, we probably did deserve the win. We had plenty of chances and Macca has only had to make one save really…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Highlights.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.