Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We're well thought of.
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 308 Guests

We're well thought of.

This thread currently has 7,182 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
KingstonMariner
November 11, 2021, 11:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Many similar stories to that BCT over the years. The older blokes typically mention that game at BP when they went up and then the one when we turned a 2 goal deficit to a 3 goal win at Stamford Bridge.

Hardly ever get the “why the fackin ell do you support them” response (only from Cockney Reds or the like). Usually it’s “pwoper faans of a pwoper fatball clab”. (Apologies to any southerners 😁)

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 28
FishOutOfWater
November 12, 2021, 12:48pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.14
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,574
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Many similar stories to that BCT over the years. The older blokes typically mention that game at BP when they went up and then the one when we turned a 2 goal deficit to a 3 goal win at Stamford Bridge.

Hardly ever get the “why the fackin ell do you support them” response (only from Cockney Reds or the like). Usually it’s “pwoper faans of a pwoper fatball clab”. (Apologies to any southerners 😁)

That 3-2 win is probably one of the best games I ever witnessed but couldn't really enjoy as I had to watch it in with the Chelsea fans

At the end of the game they were outraged..... "fackin losing to them northern waaankers" and all I could do was agree in my best Mockney, "yeah fackin disgaasting wasn't it"    
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 11 - 28
KingstonMariner
November 12, 2021, 3:36pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from FishOutOfWater

That 3-2 win is probably one of the best games I ever witnessed but couldn't really enjoy as I had to watch it in with the Chelsea fans

At the end of the game they were outraged..... "fackin losing to them northern waaankers" and all I could do was agree in my best Mockney, "yeah fackin disgaasting wasn't it"    

Couple of my house mates at Uni were Chelsea fans and asked me if I wanted to go up with them. “No chance. Don’t wanna get stuffed on the pitch and off it.” They came back that evening flabbergasted and impressed by Fordy.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 28
cleggy spireite
November 13, 2021, 5:09pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Approval: -18
PMSL ...well thought of my arris !!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 28
NorthLondonMariner
November 14, 2021, 12:33pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from chelseacity
I got stopped at Sloane Square tube station on a Saturday morning last year with my GTFC shirt on, i went into a pub down the Kings Road, obviously full of Chelsea fans,  so many comments about a club bringing 5,000 fans on a Tuesday night and taking over the old shed end, said to me many times in that pub, you've got bigger support than most Premier league clubs that come here by miles, my head swelled so much I couldn't get out the door.

I got stopped by a group of 7-8 blokes built like brick shithouses while wearing my town shirt in Serbia a few years ago. I shat myself at first, but 3 of them who spoke good English said to me with big smiles on their faces "Grimsby Town, yes?". Ended up having a good 30 min chat with them and they knew more about town than some town fans do. Turned out they were Partizan Belgrade fans and town are the English team they support as we both play in black and white stripes. Was a bit surreal as we said our goodbyes and parted ways, they walked off chanting "mariners"  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 28
wuffing
November 14, 2021, 1:15pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +7 / -1
Approval: +838
Gold Stars: 38
Quoted from cleggy spireite
PMSL ...well thought of my arris !!!

WHY do you have to come on here and spoil? It's great playing Chesterfield. Two proper clubs and it feels like a derby game when we play as the matches are always well attended at both grounds with great atmosphere.
Whatever have you got against us?

'I walked in the dressing room. The window was open and I thought that a sea fret had got in. Then I saw smoke billowing from a pipe in the corner of the room...it was my centre-forward. He looked seven stone wet through. He went on to score thirty-odd goals that season.' Lawrie McMenemy on encountering the legend that was Matt Tees.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 28
dapperz fun pub
November 14, 2021, 2:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.59
Rep Score: +37 / -6
Approval: +9,929
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from wuffing

WHY do you have to come on here and spoil? It's great playing Chesterfield. Two proper clubs and it feels like a derby game when we play as the matches are always well attended at both grounds with great atmosphere.
Whatever have you got against us?

Probably still smarting from our fans taking over his town that day many years ago
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 28
The Yard Dog
November 14, 2021, 4:49pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,498
Gold Stars: 74
Old bill going around rounding up town supporters, taking them to the ground to bake in the sun two hours before kick-off.  I had tickets in the side stand, they called it seating, well it was a long wooden bench. Myself and my mate managed to dodge the old bill and found a pub to hideout, had a meal and a few beers, before being marched off to the ground. They could have been another football diaster that day, the way old bill were acting.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 28
Humbercod
November 14, 2021, 4:55pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,494
Gold Stars: 82
Quoted from The Yard Dog
Old bill going around rounding up town supporters, taking them to the ground to bake in the sun two hours before kick-off.  I had tickets in the side stand, they called it seating, well it was a long wooden bench. Myself and my mate managed to dodge the old bill and found a pub to hideout, had a meal and a few beers, before being marched off to the ground. They could have been another football diaster that day, the way old bill were acting.

South Yorkshire police still not got over it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 28
KingstonMariner
November 14, 2021, 5:55pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Humbercod

South Yorkshire police still not got over it.

What, in Derbyshire?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 28
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › We're well thought of.

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.