November 3, 2021, 8:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,412
Gold Stars: 534
2 games in our division last night

Southend beat hapless dover 4-1

Bromley scored 2 late goals to beat Woking 2-0 and will go above us and chesterfield if they win their game in hand
Logged Offline
Private Message
Poojah
November 3, 2021, 8:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
Bromley are definitely one to watch. They’ve not really been mentioned as a major contender this far and are still only 8th favourite in the outright stakes, however they’d be top on PPG plus goal difference, and if the last couple of seasons have taught us anything it’s that plastic pitches are a big advantage in this league.

With 5 points separating the top 7 and Wrexham and Stockport not yet amongst them, it’s looking very, very open.

Big few weeks ahead for Town.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 9
ska face
November 3, 2021, 9:18am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Definitely getting ahead of myself here, but if we can stay within touching distance of top over the next few months, our run in seems quite generous. I can’t see any team running away with it, and it looks like a massive dogfight at the top so teams will be taking points off each other. A late charge of 5,6,7 wins on the bounce might get us over the line, or put us in good form for the playoffs at least.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 9
HertsGTFC
November 3, 2021, 12:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,908
Gold Stars: 228
I think we just need to start beating this who are and will be around us, that is the factor that could make a real difference.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 9
BobbyCummingsTackle
November 3, 2021, 3:16pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,271
Gold Stars: 304
Last game of November and through to new year is critical for us - we play Boreham Wood, Daggers, Chesterfield and Halifax twice.

Win most of those and we'll go up.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 9
sonofmadeleymariner
November 3, 2021, 3:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.89
Rep Score: +19 / -10
Approval: +1,453
Gold Stars: 37
I think till we get McAtee back we're in for a hard November that could see us slip down the table a little bit, not because we haven't or aren't going to play well. We just don't seemt to create the winning chances we do when he's gone compared to when he plays.

I don't mind Roy Keane making £60,000 a week. I was making the same when I was playing. The only difference was I was printing my own - Mickey Thomas

The area you are trying to protect at corners is the goal - Chris Kamara

I once said Gazza's IQ was less than his shirt number and he asked me: What's an IQ? - George Best
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 9
denni266
November 3, 2021, 8:04pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Hurst wont move fast to get someone in , But for sure without firepower up frontwe are going no where fast , We need better than what we have available at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 9
denni266
November 3, 2021, 8:05pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Hurst wont move fast to get someone in , But for sure without firepower up frontwe are going no where fast , We need better than what we have available at the moment
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 9
WOZOFGRIMSBY
November 3, 2021, 8:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
I know it won’t happen but, mcatee’s brother bagged another 3 tonight

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 9
diehardmariner
November 4, 2021, 2:02pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,611
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from ska face
Definitely getting ahead of myself here, but if we can stay within touching distance of top over the next few months, our run in seems quite generous. I can’t see any team running away with it, and it looks like a massive dogfight at the top so teams will be taking points off each other. A late charge of 5,6,7 wins on the bounce might get us over the line, or put us in good form for the playoffs at least.

Yeah agreed, think it'll be a big pack until about February time and then one side, hopefully us, making a bad dash for it with that series of wins on the bounce.  Mid-Feb onwards a good run of form, with everyone else fighting amongst themselves, against easier opposition (on paper, of course) could see us positioned nicely.
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 9
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Last nights Results

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.