3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Fillipe Noche
October 24, 2021, 8:42am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Towler for me. He’s miles better than Pollock.

Reminds me of Lever or Handysides.

Reads the game, he’s physical and he’s fast. He’s also really good with the ball.
Logged Offline
Private Message
LN8Mariner
October 24, 2021, 8:46am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +313
Gold Stars: 9
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Towler for me. He’s miles better than Pollock.

Reminds me of Lever or Handysides.

Reads the game, he’s physical and he’s fast. He’s also really good with the ball.

Lever or Handyside? Such an odd combination, they were nothing like each other. Lever a good old fashioned stopper who’d try to head a ball wherever it was and could handily use his knee or shin to hit the ball. A good player in the team but he needed Tillson with him. Now if you’d said Tillson or Handyside then I could’ve agreed with that. Both quick and ball playing centre halves who were often where the ball was before the ball got there.

I’ve just realised who you are with that slip, you are Mark Lever and I claim my £5.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 25
jamesgtfc
October 24, 2021, 8:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
We got £250k for Pollock. I know Towler is playing a level lower at the moment but he seems to have that extra yard of pace required higher up the pyramid. It's a real shame he's not our asset.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 25
moosey_club
October 24, 2021, 9:03am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,203
Gold Stars: 224
Towler is shocking, no idea what Hurst sees in him, if it wasn't for Morais covering him all game and playing 10 out 10 every week we would be losing every week.
I just hope Bristol don't realise this and come on with a straight swap player deal in January.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 25
Mariner_501
October 24, 2021, 9:08am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
Towler is streets ahead of Pollock. Be amazed if he didn’t end up playing at a higher level than Pollock in the future
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 25
GtfcGarner
October 24, 2021, 9:11am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +31 / -13
Approval: +1,788
Gold Stars: 26
Quoted from Mariner_501
Towler is streets ahead of Pollock. Be amazed if he didn’t end up playing at a higher level than Pollock in the future

Agreed, looks classier on the ball aswell. A real Rolls-Royce player. Can match it up physically, good with the ball and also got a yard of pace about him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 25
aldi_01
October 24, 2021, 9:15am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Yesterday proved how good he really is. He was under pressure from their striker early doors and almost got caught out, he adapted and reacted and then never looked in bother again…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 25
HertsGTFC
October 24, 2021, 9:17am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227
Usually when a defender gets the ball I'm not that interested and want them to get rid, when Towler gets the ball I really like watching him, he creates himself so much time, a big future in the game I reckon.    

I'm hoping the fact that he was included in the squad for Bromsgrove indicates that unless they get a problem Bristol keep him with us for the rest of the season.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 25
aldi_01
October 24, 2021, 9:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from HertsGTFC
Usually when a defender gets the ball I'm not that interested and want them to get rid, when this kid gets the ball I really like watching him, he creates himself so much time, a big future in the game I reckon.    

Towler has forever time or space…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 25
mariner91
October 24, 2021, 9:26am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,577
Gold Stars: 260
Towler is classy. Reads it well, calm on the ball, has a yard of pace to allow him to recover very well (made a great late tackle second half yesterday) and yesterday showed he can go toe to toe with big physical forwards too. He has it all. He will play comfortably top half of championship, if not higher. Much better than Pollock who was very willing but limited.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 25
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Towler v Pollock

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.