Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League highlights show??
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 220 Guests

National League highlights show??

This thread currently has 1,738 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
buckstown
October 11, 2021, 8:03am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.41
Rep Score: +16 / -6
Approval: +5,180
Gold Stars: 79
Have I missed this on BT Sport or did they not bother this week? Nothing on the website after week 9 so they haven't posted highlights from either Woking or Altrincham
Tinpot or what?
Logged Offline
Private Message
denni266
October 11, 2021, 10:13am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -22
Approval: +703
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from buckstown
Have I missed this on BT Sport or did they not bother this week? Nothing on the website after week 9 so they haven't posted highlights from either Woking or Altrincham
Tinpot or what?

Tin pot will do nicely  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
Madeleymariner
October 11, 2021, 10:15am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,052
Gold Stars: 49
I think its on tommorrow morning some time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
RichMariner
October 11, 2021, 11:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,135
Gold Stars: 209
The bloke who presents them (Matt Smith, is it?) used to present MOTD or whatever it was called when ITV had the rights for a few years instead of the BBC. He also used to present Champions League games on ITV a few years back.

Seems odd to see him stood on the edge of a non-league pitch talking about Wealdstone and Eastleigh.

BT Sport punditry, for Champions League at least, is pretty appalling. Generally speaking, although they've made an attempt at rivalling Sky Sports, they're inferior in every single way.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
Mariner56
October 11, 2021, 1:09pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +276
Gold Stars: 3
Well on Saturday before the Bromley v Torquay match they weren’t particularly complimentary about us saying we were only at the top of the league due to having had the easiest start fixture wise. Apparently, it was a surprise we were doing so well but not to get carried away because we’d mostly played the lower teams and teams like Wrexham etc would easily make up the points and start climbing the table. They did backtrack a little at the end though saying they would have to start taking us more seriously now.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
Poojah
October 11, 2021, 1:23pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,532
Gold Stars: 1,500
Quoted from Mariner56
Well on Saturday before the Bromley v Torquay match they weren’t particularly complimentary about us saying we were only at the top of the league due to having had the easiest start fixture wise. Apparently, it was a surprise we were doing so well but not to get carried away because we’d mostly played the lower teams and teams like Wrexham etc would easily make up the points and start climbing the table. They did backtrack a little at the end though saying they would have to start taking us more seriously now.

To be fair, that was specifically Aaron McClean who appeared to have done some very light desk research, seen we weren’t amongst the bookies original favourites, had a quick glance at our fixtures and reached the conclusion we’d fluked our way to the top of the league.

By contrast, Grant Holt was a lot more complimentary.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
TwoLeftFeet
October 11, 2021, 1:29pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +2,076
Gold Stars: 18
Yeah caught that too wondered what he was on about.. he is certainly the weak link in the presenters on there. Grant Holt, Adam Virgo and Chris Hargreaves are much better when there on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
ginnywings
October 11, 2021, 8:13pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,126
Gold Stars: 548
Not sure what's happened. Watched some of the early shows but recent ones are locked and saying I need a BT subscription.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
moosey_club
October 11, 2021, 8:33pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
I was told that they showed our goal at the end of the Torquay Bromley live game when they were closing the show out.

Thought I saw the highlights scheduled for tomorrow night

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League highlights show??

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.