This thread currently has 1,278 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
October 9, 2021, 7:51pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200

Not sure I can be arsed to get up early hours Sunday morning to watch but should be a good fight.

I fancy Fury to do Wilder again.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
October 9, 2021, 8:33pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,830
Gold Stars: 555
Quoted from promotion plaice

Not sure I can be arsed to get up early hours Sunday morning to watch but should be a good fight.

I’m not a boxing fan (I think Kevin Donovan once went full haymaker near my cheap seat in the Main Stand) but this one intrigues me.

Keep us posted.

Wilder’s the Alan Mahon to Danny Coyne’s exemplary technique.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 18
Poojah
October 10, 2021, 5:59am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,639
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from promotion plaice

You should have been arsed. Fúcking brilliant fight that; had everything you could ask for from a heavyweight bout.

Not sure there’s anyone out there who can beat Fury right now. Joshua would be done inside four rounds.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 18
Rick12
October 10, 2021, 6:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Brilliant fight. Never saw that one coming eg Fury knocking down Wilder in the third and then Wilder knocking down Fury twice in the fourth.  Respect to Wilder though . Gave his all and was dangerous throughout albeit fading in the end as Fury started to wear him down as the fight wore on. Just wish Wilder could have showed a bit more sportsmanship at the end and admitted defeat to the better man.

As for Fury. Top fighter who has " cojones" and nice to see the first thing he did in the post fight interview giving praise to Jesus.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 18
promotion plaice
October 10, 2021, 9:17am

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,084
Gold Stars: 200
Quoted from Poojah

You should have been arsed. Fúcking brilliant fight that; had everything you could ask for from a heavyweight bout.

Not sure there’s anyone out there who can beat Fury right now. Joshua would be done inside four rounds.

Yeah, stayed up till 3 am but was falling asleep so went to bed.

Sounds like a great fight, cant wait to watch it.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 18
aldi_01
October 10, 2021, 9:18am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Will Wilder just intercourse off now and acknowledge Fury has given him a good hiding three times?

I like Joshua but not sure he’d last against Fury now…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 18
Humbercod
October 10, 2021, 10:59am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: -3,487
Gold Stars: 82
Fury is the real deal best heavyweight fighter of his generation, would on loved to of seen him humiliate AJ. I don’t think there is a credible challenger out there for him now that someone he should take serious so would be happy to see him retire, rather than go into a fight half hearted.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 18
GollyGTFC
October 10, 2021, 9:14pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +6,039
Gold Stars: 358
Quoted from Humbercod
Fury is the real deal best heavyweight fighter of his generation, would on loved to of seen him humiliate AJ. I don’t think there is a credible challenger out there for him now that someone he should take serious so would be happy to see him retire, rather than go into a fight half hearted.

Wilder can’t box. He’s had Fury down 3 times and didn’t have the boxing skills to finish him off.

Whatever you think of AJ when he finally broke down Klitschko he didn’t let him off the hook and forced the referee to step in.

Where do we go from here…

March/April 2022…
Fury v Whyte (long overdue his shot at the WBC title)
Usyk v AJ rematch

Winners fight for the undisputed title in July/August 2022 with a rematch likely in early 2023.

AJ probably needs to bin off Robert McCracken. He’s gone stale and needs a new voice in his cornero. He has the tools to beat Usyk in their rematch if he gets the tactics spot on.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 7 - 18
KingstonMariner
October 10, 2021, 10:21pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Rick12
Brilliant fight. Never saw that one coming eg Fury knocking down Wilder in the third and then Wilder knocking down Fury twice in the fourth.  Respect to Wilder though . Gave his all and was dangerous throughout albeit fading in the end as Fury started to wear him down as the fight wore on. Just wish Wilder could have showed a bit more sportsmanship at the end and admitted defeat to the better man.

As for Fury. Top fighter who has " cojones" and nice to see the first thing he did in the post fight interview giving praise to Jesus.

Yeah cos nothing shouts out Christianity like professional violence 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 18
Poojah
October 10, 2021, 10:26pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,639
Gold Stars: 1,504
Quoted from GollyGTFC

Wilder can’t box. He’s had Fury down 3 times and didn’t have the boxing skills to finish him off.

Whatever you think of AJ when he finally broke down Klitschko he didn’t let him off the hook and forced the referee to step in.

Where do we go from here…

March/April 2022…
Fury v Whyte (long overdue his shot at the WBC title)
Usyk v AJ rematch

Winners fight for the undisputed title in July/August 2022 with a rematch likely in early 2023.

AJ probably needs to bin off Robert McCracken. He’s gone stale and needs a new voice in his cornero. He has the tools to beat Usyk in their rematch if he gets the tactics spot on.

Wilder is a bigger, heavier Joshua, with bigger punch. Both fantastic athletes, neither brilliant boxers in the way that Fury and Usyk are.

I just don't think Joshua is smart enough to beat Usyk, and I'd even fancy him to get stopped in the rematch. He makes too many silly mistakes, and hasn't got the kind of chin that Fury so innately has that allows him to take risks.

For me it's inevitable that Fury and Usyk will eventually get together for a unification fight, hopefully (if unlikely) in the UK, but for all of Usyk's incredibly boxing talent it's hard to see a man of 6ft 3" troubling 6ft 9" Fury.

So long as Fury doesn't allow his career to go on to long, he'll retire undefeated with every heavyweight belt in his possession. I just don't see anyone on the scene right now (or anytime soon) capable of beating him. Whether you love him or loathe him as a person, his boxing achievements will go down in infamy. And rightly so.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 18
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Fury vs Wilder 3

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.