The Yard Dog
October 3, 2021, 7:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,501
Gold Stars: 74
FA Cup 4th Qualifying round, is when we enter the competition

The draw, the FA have revealed, due to TalkSport's involvement will not be the usual 1pm on the Monday after the previous round. Instead, the draw for the Fourth Round Qualifying of the competition's 150th anniversary season will be made live on talkSPORT2's The Social programme at 3:15pm on Monday 4 October.

Will not be playing Cleethorpes as they lost 0-4 at Curzon Ashton at the weekend

Not sure whether the draw is split between the north and south.

Anyone at home will do me.
Logged Offline
Private Message
HertsGTFC
October 3, 2021, 8:01pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Nice to see the FA are such a great competition for smaller sides at least be aligned with such a credible (tongue in cheek) broadcaster.

Anyone at home.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 62
LH
October 3, 2021, 8:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,505
Gold Stars: 173
Dover at home would be ideal if the draw isn’t regionalised!
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 62
Grantham_Mariner
October 3, 2021, 8:14pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
I fancy a Lincolnshire derby......

Boston United or Stamford AFC

Cleethorpes would have been good but they are out.

Would love to be the last Lincolnshire team left after the first round.

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 62
Poojah
October 3, 2021, 8:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,512
Gold Stars: 1,500
Wouldn’t mind Guiseley or York away from a personal point of view, though the location of York’s new ground is the epitome of all that’s wrong with modern, out of town grounds and would require a bus or taxi out of the city centre.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 62
MarinerWY
October 3, 2021, 8:19pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +1,988
Gold Stars: 47
Quoted from Poojah
Wouldn’t mind Guiseley or York away from a personal point of view, though the location of York’s new ground is the epitome of all that’s wrong with modern, out of town grounds and would require a bus or taxi out of the city centre.

Sadly - completely taken the thrill out of a York away fixture for me even tho I have family v local. Its a soulless place for a ground, and the buses will sit in traffic for ages getting there. No pub near ground, just a big shopping centre

Such a shame given the amount of good boozers in York itself that made a great away day.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 62
ska face
October 3, 2021, 8:20pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,658
Gold Stars: 847
Quadriplegics FC at home please. We want the lowest ranked team at home, no messing about, same for rounds 1 and 2 then a massive club away in round 3.
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 62
grimps
October 3, 2021, 8:45pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,120
Gold Stars: 46
Quoted from grimps
Bog roll United at home will do me until the 3rd round

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 62
BlackandWhiteBarmy2
October 3, 2021, 8:46pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.30
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,022
Gold Stars: 59
Boston away for me although they suffer from the same out of town stadium problem as York.York or Stamford would be next on my list.

A home tie against minnows is not necessarily a good thing. I'm sure many of us remember Bath City, I'm sure Poojah does.

And when you fall back into the mud it hurts a lot.
No! None of it was true, none of those things we thought we could see existed at all.
All that was really there was still more misery

Emile Zola
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 62
pizzzza
October 3, 2021, 9:16pm

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from LH
Dover at home would be ideal if the draw isn’t regionalised!

It is regionalised
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 62
Jaws
October 3, 2021, 10:00pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,306
Gold Stars: 11
According to league position we are the highest ranked team in the draw for the FA Cup. Think this must be the only time in our history this has occurred.
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
chaos33
October 3, 2021, 10:13pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +66 / -33
Approval: +17,929
Gold Stars: 360
Quoted from Poojah

Agreed. Up until very recently I was a York resident, and have been in North Yorkshire since I left Grimsby for university. Bootham Crescent was always a fantastic away day, at a classic, old school, albeit small English football ground, but the new stadium at Monks Cross looks like it was built out of Mecano in a day by disinterested construction students. Basic, unimaginative, soulless, drab. Shame.

"You should do what you love while you can"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
promotion plaice
October 3, 2021, 10:23pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +17,048
Gold Stars: 197
Quoted from MarinerWY

Sadly - completely taken the thrill out of a York away fixture for me even tho I have family v local. Its a soulless place for a ground, and the buses will sit in traffic for ages getting there. No pub near ground, just a big shopping centre

Such a shame given the amount of good boozers in York itself that made a great away day.

Thank fook Peaks Parkway never happened.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
Poojah
October 3, 2021, 10:29pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from chaos33

Agreed. Up until very recently I was a York resident, and have been in North Yorkshire since I left Grimsby for university. Bootham Crescent was always a fantastic away day, at a classic, old school, albeit small English football ground, but the new stadium at Monks Cross looks like it was built out of Mecano in a day by disinterested construction students. Basic, unimaginative, soulless, drab. Shame.

I was round that way not long before it 'opened' (in front of no crowd initially). It looked complete but there was fencing all around it it so you couldn't quite walk right the way around it at your leisure, but were it not for the floodlights you'd be forgiven for not noticing there was a football ground right in front of you. It just doesn't feel like an environment you'd expect to see a football ground.

As retail parks go it's alright; trying a bit too hard to appeal to the middle class masses with an M&S and a now defunct John Lewis (non-Lenell). A couple of bland chain restaurants and a decent looking cinema. But I'd absolutely gutted if I ever found myself watching Town home games in such a setting.

It's odd really. York's a fantastic, historic city with a 200k+ population. But they seem to have written off the possibility of ever re-establishing themselves as a league club. There just doesn't seem to be a great desire football there. I'm sure it's a decent ground inside, but it doesn't appear to have been built with the expectation of consistent, sizeable crowds ever making their way there on a Saturday afternoon.

We do need to move away from BP at some point in the future, but we really must ensure it isn't to something like that. Or more specifically, somewhere like that.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
Poojah
October 3, 2021, 10:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from promotion plaice

Thank fook Peaks Parkway never happened.

Great Coates, which was probably considerably closer to happening, would have been even worse. For no apparent reasons, out of town developments appeared to be popular in the 90s. You only have to drive from the M1 into Sheffield to see how out of town developments can kill communities; miles of derelict factories and a city centre that's like travelling back in time thirty years. Meadowhall killed the place.

Regeneration of once great but now dilapidated places is the way forward.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
KingstonMariner
October 3, 2021, 10:52pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Poojah

Great Coates, which was probably considerably closer to happening, would have been even worse. For no apparent reasons, out of town developments appeared to be popular in the 90s. You only have to drive from the M1 into Sheffield to see how out of town developments can kill communities; miles of derelict factories and a city centre that's like travelling back in time thirty years. Meadowhall killed the place.

Regeneration of once great but now dilapidated places is the way forward.

I think it was the collapse of industry before the retail parks/shopping centres moved in that killed that side of Sheffield. Retail was only able to move in because of industrial collapse first.

The building of out of town stadia of the late 90s and noughties piggy-backed the retail/leisure boom of those days. We were unlucky to have a chairman who was at least a decade behind the curve. It was all over by the time he tried to get on board the boom.

I guess York’s new stadium still happened because land close to York city centre is valuable. No such threat with regard  Blundell Park.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
Limerick Mariner
October 3, 2021, 11:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,695
Gold Stars: 136
If we want great pubs it’s got to be away to Stamford - 20 plus all within walking distance in the town centre - not sure the great pubs of Stamford would all want Grimsby though!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
Mariner16
October 4, 2021, 12:45am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Pontefract away!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
aldi_01
October 4, 2021, 6:19am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
The out of town stadia thing very much tied in to the myth that football fans are thugs too, therefore, build the grounds in the middle of nowhere causing less disruption. Add the large outskirt retail boom and it was always gonna happen.

Ironic really given the most attended and biggest stadiums in this country are all pretty much smack bang in the middle of towns/cities.

This obsession with having large car parks as well was odd rather than encouraging folk to use public transport etc.

It town had ever managed to get the ground built (Fenty would not, literally would never have happened, only in his head) both Great Coates and PP would’ve been awful for various reasons.

York seems to be a city, as many have said that just doesn’t seem arsed about having a football team, with the exception of a couple of thousand. When you go you wouldn’t know they have a club and as many have said, the new ground seems soulless.

I’d happily have one of the smaller teams away, always a good day…whoever said Stamford, I’d take that…

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
DB
October 4, 2021, 6:32am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,000
Gold Stars: 386
Hurst said in his post-match that he is a lover of the FA Cup, and that he'd like to get to round 3 if possible. In the next 2 rounds any minnows will do for me so that we progress, preferably at home so that it should not take too much effort on the part of the players to progress.

1st and 2nd rounds any 2 weak teams and then pay off time in round 3, Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool or any prem team that'll make us a few bob. As I said before I am a cup lover but to me, this season is all about getting back into the EFL.

When you look at how the squad has evolved so far you don't want any injuries, from cup games, that could stop the progress of our return to the EFL. You also don't want fixture backlogs because of drawn games.  The future is looking good, best keep it on track.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
Ruston AT
October 4, 2021, 8:19am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +432
Gold Stars: 10

'Them up the road ' will do for me, playing at BP and absolutely destroying them...we owe them that for the 'ginger pigs' antics.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
exiledmeggie
October 4, 2021, 8:44am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / -6
Approval: -227
Gold Stars: 18
Any, then the Scunts away R1!

Living in Exile since 1980, but still have Black and White blood!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
WOZOFGRIMSBY
October 4, 2021, 9:12am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,816
Gold Stars: 178
It’s always the way that town get a potentially crap draw. I always used to cringe when port vale, tranmere, Carlisle etc were drawn as the home team hoping that we wouldn’t be the next team drawn.

Not sure the teams that are left but someone like marine or Morpeth town (I googled to check they were in it!) at home

Rose is on fire

And your scotch eggs are fu(king vile
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
grimps
October 4, 2021, 9:14am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Jaws
According to league position we are the highest ranked team in the draw for the FA Cup. Think this must be the only time in our history this has occurred.

When we was first promoted to the old second division ( Championship) under Buckley I can remember us having to play in the first round of the cup for some administrative reason which I can’t remember why now .
I suspect we’d have been the highest ranches club then
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
grimps
October 4, 2021, 9:16am
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

I was round that way not long before it 'opened' (in front of no crowd initially). It looked complete but there was fencing all around it it so you couldn't quite walk right the way around it at your leisure, but were it not for the floodlights you'd be forgiven for not noticing there was a football ground right in front of you. It just doesn't feel like an environment you'd expect to see a football ground.

As retail parks go it's alright; trying a bit too hard to appeal to the middle class masses with an M&S and a now defunct John Lewis (non-Lenell). A couple of bland chain restaurants and a decent looking cinema. But I'd absolutely gutted if I ever found myself watching Town home games in such a setting.

It's odd really. York's a fantastic, historic city with a 200k+ population. But they seem to have written off the possibility of ever re-establishing themselves as a league club. There just doesn't seem to be a great desire football there. I'm sure it's a decent ground inside, but it doesn't appear to have been built with the expectation of consistent, sizeable crowds ever making their way there on a Saturday afternoon.

We do need to move away from BP at some point in the future, but we really must ensure it isn't to something like that. Or more specifically, somewhere like that.

Lots of Leeds fans in York as there is in many of the smaller Yorkshire towns and cities
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
GtfcGarner
October 4, 2021, 10:10am

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
York (4th Qualifying)
Scunny (1st Round)
Lincoln (2nd Round)
Tottenham away (3rd Round)

Smash all the local derbies and a nice money spinner in the 3rd round
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
Abdul19
October 4, 2021, 10:12am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,555
Gold Stars: 216
Anyone cos we're fucking ace.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
MuddyWaters
October 4, 2021, 11:31am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,237
Gold Stars: 235
Easiest possible draw in Final Qualy, Round 1 and Round 2 then a top club in R3.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
pizzzza
October 4, 2021, 1:43pm

Pontoonite
Here's the numbers in the Northern half of the draw.

Personally I'd love to see us draw a side with "Collieries" in its name...

1 Altrincham
2 Chesterfield  
3 FC Halifax Town  
4 Grimsby Town
5 King's Lynn Town      
6 Notts County          
7 Solihull Moors    
8 Stockport County
9 Wrexham
10 Morpeth Town
11 Atherton Collieries or Marine
12 Pontefract Collieries
13 Marske United or Chester
14 Buxton
15 Curzon Ashton
16 Gateshead
17 York City
18 Guiseley
19 Spennymoor Town or Southport
20 Stamford
21 Boston United
22 Leamington or Kettering Town
23 Tamworth
24 Stratford Town
25 Hanley Town or Brackley Town
26 Peterborough Sports
27 Bromsgrove Sporting
28 Hereford
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
Les Brechin
October 4, 2021, 1:45pm

Posts Per Day: 4.17
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,709
Gold Stars: 174
Home to 25 or 26 please though away to 20 would be interesting.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
psgmariner
October 4, 2021, 1:46pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Wrexham home or away would probably picked for TV so a bit more money.

Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
HertsGTFC
October 4, 2021, 1:50pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Quoted from psgmariner
Wrexham home or away would probably picked for TV so a bit more money.

In a qualifying round? Possibly on the red button?

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
pizzzza
October 4, 2021, 1:51pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from HertsGTFC

S4C perhaps?
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
psgmariner
October 4, 2021, 1:51pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from HertsGTFC

Yeah. Hanley v Brackley was the mouthwatering pick last time.

Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
Madeleymariner
October 4, 2021, 1:58pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Hanley or Buxton away would suit me purely based on travel and we should beat them
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
Theimperialcoroner
October 4, 2021, 1:58pm

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,203
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Limerick Mariner
If we want great pubs it’s got to be away to Stamford - 20 plus all within walking distance in the town centre - not sure the great pubs of Stamford would all want Grimsby though!

The ground is a new out of town development though.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 62
pizzzza
October 4, 2021, 2:06pm

Pontoonite
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

The ground is a new out of town development though.

Its Stamford..., can't be that far from the centre surely?
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
Poojah
October 4, 2021, 2:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Quoted from psgmariner

Yeah. Hanley v Brackley was the mouthwatering pick last time.

Arguably the biggest non-league grudge match since Quorn vs New Salamis.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
Mariner16
October 4, 2021, 2:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.25
Rep Score: +13 / -3
Approval: +476
Gold Stars: 4
Wrexham won't be playing at home regardless as their pitch is being relaid
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Theimperialcoroner
October 4, 2021, 2:13pm

Quoted from pizzzza

Its Stamford..., can't be that far from the centre surely?

Good couple of miles, maybe three.

Notice Peterborough Sports are in it too. Tiny Ground, No bigger than Cleethorpes Town.

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
Bigdog
October 4, 2021, 2:20pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Good couple of miles, maybe three.

Notice Peterborough Sports are in it too. Tiny Ground, No bigger than Cleethorpes Town.

It's about a mile. 20 minutes walk tops..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 62
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 2:41pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from grimps

When we was first promoted to the old second division ( Championship) under Buckley I can remember us having to play in the first round of the cup for some administrative reason which I can’t remember why now .
I suspect we’d have been the highest ranches club then

Think it was to do with the number of teams in the top divisions being higher than normal, so as one of the two lowest ranked teams in Division Two we got put in the FA Cup first round. We lost to Blackpool then of the 4th (I think, may have been 3rd) division and Grovesy scored.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 62
KingstonMariner
October 4, 2021, 2:44pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Poojah

Arguably the biggest non-league grudge match since Quorn vs New Salamis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salamis_Island

I was going to ask why Quorn has got beef with Salamis. It's a long way away  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 62
Grantham_Mariner
October 4, 2021, 2:47pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,184
Gold Stars: 51
Stamford away would be bad, ground only holds 2000 !

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 62
Abdul19
October 4, 2021, 2:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Think it was to do with the number of teams in the top divisions being higher than normal, so as one of the two lowest ranked teams in Division Two we got put in the FA Cup first round. We lost to Blackpool then of the 4th (I think, may have been 3rd) division and Grovesy scored.

Aye, the top flight had 22 teams rather than 20 from 91/92 til 94/95 I think.

(Tranmere (promoted through the ploffs) were the other D2 side in the first round)

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 62
Pocklington Mariner
October 4, 2021, 2:56pm

Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Approval: +33
Quoted from MarinerWY

There's a pub about a 10-15 minute walk from the new ground called Pear tree farm serves good food too

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 62
promotion plaice
October 4, 2021, 3:18pm

Draw just about to start on talkSPORT2.

Home draw against one of the minnows please.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 62
Theimperialcoroner
October 4, 2021, 3:20pm

Quoted from Bigdog

It's about a mile. 20 minutes walk tops..

I’m old and fat, it’s further for me.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 62
pizzzza
October 4, 2021, 3:31pm

Pontoonite
It's Bromsgrove Sporting Away
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 62
Les Brechin

Away to Bromsgrove Sporting

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 62
promotion plaice

Quoted from pizzzza
It's Bromsgrove Away

TV game?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 62
Mariner93er
October 4, 2021, 3:34pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,728
Gold Stars: 28
Buzzing for this. Lived there for a few years and moved away at the beginning of the pandemic, but still local for me (Birmingham based)
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 62
forza ivano
October 4, 2021, 3:36pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
luvverly jubberly - only an hour or so up the M40
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 62
October 4, 2021, 5:33pm
Guest User
What league are they in?
Reply: 53 - 62
Abdul19
October 4, 2021, 5:40pm

Season Ticket Holder
Southern League Premier Division Central.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 62
Welwynmariner
October 4, 2021, 6:00pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from 123614
What league are they in?

The level below Conference South (so two below us)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 62
Meza
October 4, 2021, 6:30pm

We urine On Your Fish Yes we do yes we do
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.83
Rep Score: +78 / -3
Approval: +1,639
Gold Stars: 50
Bromsgroves previous FA Cup outings

21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     2     0     Loughborough University - 1st round qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     6     0     Worksop Town - 2nd round qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     1     0     Welwyn Garden City - 3rd qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     ?     ?     Grimsby Town - 4th round qualifying

20-21 - Bromsgrove Sporting     1     2     Stratford Town - 1st round qualifying

19-20 - Bromsgrove Sporting     0     1     Stourbridge - 1st round qualifying

18-19 - Alvechurch     4     3     Bromsgrove Sporting - Preliminary round

[URL=https://imgur.com/VCxdH2Y][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/VCxdH2Ys.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/uMRVvRe][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/uMRVvRes.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/5p7nllT][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/5p7nllTs.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/46BEw5M][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/46BEw5Ms.jpg[/IMG][/URL][URL=https://imgur.com/06NXnQF][IMG]https://i.imgur.com/06NXnQFs.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

My Grimsby Legends
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 62
Les Brechin
October 4, 2021, 6:36pm

Quoted from Meza
Bromsgroves previous FA Cup outings

21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     2     0     Loughborough University - 1st round qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     6     0     Worksop Town - 2nd round qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     1     0     Welwyn Garden City - 3rd qualifying
21-22 - Bromsgrove Sporting     ?     ?     Grimsby Town - 4th round qualifying

20-21 - Bromsgrove Sporting     1     2     Stratford Town - 1st round qualifying

19-20 - Bromsgrove Sporting     0     1     Stourbridge - 1st round qualifying

18-19 - Alvechurch     4     3     Bromsgrove Sporting - Preliminary round

They certainly like a home draw.  

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 62
forza ivano
October 4, 2021, 6:43pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,172
Gold Stars: 265
they made heavy weather of beating Welwyn , who are in a league below and aren't that good at that level!  Cracking goal to win it though though

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1445056622041210883

but we all remember Chasetown and Bath etc......
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 62
NorthLondonMariner
October 5, 2021, 3:13am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from forza ivano
they made heavy weather of beating Welwyn , who are in a league below and aren't that good at that level!  Cracking goal to win it though though

https://twitter.com/EmiratesFACup/status/1445056622041210883

but we all remember Chasetown and Bath etc......

there are honestly better pub teams than Welwyn Garden City. Even in Welwyn Garden City.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 62
Madeleymariner
October 5, 2021, 1:01pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Most likely tv game has to be Atherton/Marine v Wrexham. even though its guranteed to be on BBC Wales anyway. They also look at Notts C as a big team (they used to be in the top leagues) so their trip to Tamworth looks likely. But ours also has giantish killing written all over it so who knows.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 62
Posh Harry
October 5, 2021, 1:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,360
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Madeleymariner
Most likely tv game has to be Atherton/Marine v Wrexham. even though its guranteed to be on BBC Wales anyway. They also look at Notts C as a big team (they used to be in the top leagues) so their trip to Tamworth looks likely. But ours also has giantish killing written all over it so who knows.

Wrexham will be the new man united from the BBC’s point of view
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 62
Welwynmariner
October 5, 2021, 7:38pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner

there are honestly better pub teams than Welwyn Garden City. Even in Welwyn Garden City.  

There aren't that many pubs in Welwyn Garden City let alone pub teams.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 62
7 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › FA Cup Draw

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.