Poojah
August 30, 2021, 2:46pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,665
Gold Stars: 1,508
Quoted from arryarryarry

I think you are missing my point, not saying it was a good contract but as Sky are not interested or BBC and ITV, BT were probably the only company interested so it was likely the only offering giving the NL not much say in the type of contract.

twits like BT will do anything to try to get more subscribers.

I think you’re giving the NL too much credit. It’s not really a case of having a strong hand to negotiate with, it’s just a nonsensical clause in its current form which could have been better implemented in the interest of fans without any detriment to BT. As I pointed out, BT didn’t even air any highlights this weekend and so there were literally no viewing figures or advertising pounds to protect.

All it achieved was ensuring fans had no way to view footage from their teams games for nearly two days. I cannot believe that something more sensible couldn’t have been sorted out had someone tried.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 26
jimgtfc
August 30, 2021, 3:35pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,099
Gold Stars: 45
Just a mention for how good that goal was. Great play and awareness by Max and Lennie, but that first touch from McAtee to drag the ball from behind him and then have the composure while defenders chase him down to pass the ball beyond the keeper showed absolute class. For a young player, this lad has loads of potential.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 26
Kris2
August 30, 2021, 6:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,632
Gold Stars: 136
Still not sure how we didn't score a couple more and looks more crazy from the angle of the highlights. Pearson looked like he already made his mind up to appeal the handball and run at the ref instead of attacking the ball on the line. Sousa  probably should have scored that one on one and he couldn't quite connect with a ball bouncing around the area, on another day who knows.

Goal when it did come was well taken and looks better on the highlights, really nice move to get McAtee through on goal. I imagine if that was a goal scored against us people would have been blaming McKeown for it and saying he didn't dive lol.
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 26
supertown
August 30, 2021, 6:21pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,461
Gold Stars: 53
Very good. I think he nearly mistimed that celebration flip. It could have ended in disaster
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 26
Limerick Mariner
August 30, 2021, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,720
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from supertown
Very good. I think he nearly mistimed that celebration flip. It could have ended in disaster

Hurst mentioned it in his post-match interview - implying potential to get injured and McAtee's cramp later on - I think there will have been an arm over the shoulder moment a la the Battle of Britain movie scene when the young pilot does a victory roll over the airfield - "it takes a long time to train people like you, what would have happened if your controls had been damaged - never again understand..."

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 26
KingstonMariner
August 30, 2021, 11:29pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

Thanks for posting that arry.

The noise of the crowd before kick off and then immediately after the goal was LOUD. Hairs on the back of my neck stood up.

Some nice interplay and the goal was very well taken.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 26
KingstonMariner
August 30, 2021, 11:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.06
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Limerick Mariner

Hurst mentioned it in his post-match interview - implying potential to get injured and McAtee's cramp later on - I think there will have been an arm over the shoulder moment a la the Battle of Britain movie scene when the young pilot does a victory roll over the airfield - "it takes a long time to train people like you, what would have happened if your controls had been damaged - never again understand..."

Let’s hope we finish the season like the Longest Day. Key objectives secured.

But I suspect it’ll be more like A Bridge Too Far.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Actual Highlights

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.