4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
quebec38
August 2, 2021, 10:37am
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Rep Score: +6 / -1
Approval: +1,586
Gold Stars: 48
I think we’ve got a solid squad atm which may prove to be better but obviously the new guys need to prove themselves first. As it stands I think we’ve got 2 or 3 players that would walk in to almost every other side in the league. I’ll let you work out who those few are. I have high hopes for Efete and McAtee etc who may also prove to be great signings but I don’t have much knowledge of them yet.

I think we are 2-3 signings away from title challengers. The back end of last season showed us we are going to be really difficult to beat but if you keep a clean sheet then can’t score you’re only worth a point and draws are killers.

We all know we need a goalscorer so hopefully we can uncover one. Then a Nolan type in midfield and we should be a match for everyone. Without those though I’d say we are looking at battling for one of the last play-off spots.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 32
arryarryarry
August 2, 2021, 5:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

A supporter is someone who wants his/her team to win and be top of the league. Ask any Liverpool. Man U, Man City, etc. where they expect their team to finish and they all will say top of the league.

I'm just a normal supporter, like those fans. Will these clubs, if they don't become league champions, be heading to the Championship?, I don't think so.

Erm..................I would expect any LIverpool, Man U. Man City fan to expect to win the league as they spend millions on the best players and are there and thereabouts.

We don't spend millions and we have really threatened a top spot for decades.

I don't think any normal supporter would come out every week saying we will win the next game when we are playing crap and only managed a hand full of wins all season.  

Not coming on here every game bleating we will win doesn't make you any less of a supporter.
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 32
DB
August 2, 2021, 5:38pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,022
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from arryarryarry

Erm..................I would expect any LIverpool, Man U. Man City fan to expect to win the league as they spend millions on the best players and are there and thereabouts.

We don't spend millions and we have really threatened a top spot for decades.

I don't think any normal supporter would come out every week saying we will win the next game when we are playing crap and only managed a hand full of wins all season.  

Not coming on here every game bleating we will win doesn't make you any less of a supporter.

This is a forum for all to give their views. Some you like, some you don't, live with it as I do.

The opposite of we'll win is we'll lose (excluding a draw). I prefer win.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 32
AussieMariner
August 2, 2021, 5:51pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,072
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

This is a forum for all to give their views. Some you like, some you don't, live with it as I do.

If the spectrum is pessimist at one end and optimist at the other with realist in the middle you appear to be a complete idiot, but a happy one, so good luck to you
UTMM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 32
GtfcGarner
August 2, 2021, 6:20pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +30 / -14
Approval: +1,786
Gold Stars: 26
Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but I think our squad looks brilliant barring the striking line at moment. I'm really excited for the season ahead, and that Paul Hurst has adopted a 4-2-3-1 approach makes us a different team. I think at home we will attack and be exciting. Away games Paul will pick and choose which teams we give it to and other games maybe revert back to 442 to keep us shape. We've got the manager to lead us forward, hopefully we add Vernam and a exciting striker next week, haven't been this excited since Steps reformed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 32
jamesgtfc
August 2, 2021, 6:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,971
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from GtfcGarner
Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but I think our squad looks brilliant barring the striking line at moment. I'm really excited for the season ahead, and that Paul Hurst has adopted a 4-2-3-1 approach makes us a different team. I think at home we will attack and be exciting. Away games Paul will pick and choose which teams we give it to and other games maybe revert back to 442 to keep us shape. We've got the manager to lead us forward, hopefully we add Vernam and a exciting striker next week, haven't been this excited since Steps reformed.

Be interesting to see how we approach the final 2 friendlies as they will potentially give us an idea of our opening day approach.

He's said McAtee is a CAM which fits in with the 4-2-3-1 you mention. Against Clee McAtee looked aggressive so I think he will be a CAM that still gets stuck in defensively. It might be that our more defensive formation is a 4-4-1-1. Wright gets stuck in defensively and Revan "can play up one" so may get the nod ahead of Sousa or Scannell when we need to defend.

Crookes can play LCB and Sears can play across the backline too so I'm sure we will see 3 at the back on occasions too.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 32
arryarryarry
August 2, 2021, 9:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from DB

There are views and then there are stupid predictions where you constantly say we will win when we plainly weren't going to with a crap team.
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 32
Hagrid
August 2, 2021, 9:43pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,429
Gold Stars: 535
Superb signing for Eastleigh tonight
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 32
Poojah
August 2, 2021, 10:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,589
Gold Stars: 1,503
Quoted from Hagrid
Superb signing for Eastleigh tonight

Two in fact. Harry Pritchard has played a good number of games in League One and Two recently at Blackpool and Bradford respectively, while Jake Hesketh on loan from Southampton has been playing for MK Dons, Lincoln and most recently Crawley.

What’s odd though, is that Hesketh is 25 and has never played for Southampton, and yet they’re keeping him on their books. Tommy Forecast was still at Southampton in 2013, aged 26, and patently not going to ‘make it’.

Why keep players like that on your wage bill? Weird.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 32
lukeo
August 2, 2021, 10:53pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 2.07
Rep Score: +38 / -23
Approval: +2,375
Gold Stars: 148
Grimsby.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 32
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › National League predictions

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.