2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
May 24, 2021, 11:11pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
We all know about our internet password security but the attached is a warning for all about our router passwords, some of which can be hacked as this sad story shows.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57156799

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
May 24, 2021, 11:30pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Saw that yesterday. Worrying time for the couple.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 11
Poojah
May 24, 2021, 11:56pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,533
Gold Stars: 1,500
They’re all the rage these scams. Only the other day I received a message from a ‘sexy Polish woman’ offering me an iPad Pro in return for a couple of díck photos. Don’t be fooled.

It was only an iPad Air.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 11
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
May 25, 2021, 12:46am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +843
Gold Stars: 117
I'm trying to find anything relating to football in there

Shift it to 'non football'
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 11
DB
May 25, 2021, 1:16am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.49
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,002
Gold Stars: 386
I'm trying to find anything relating to football in there

Shift it to 'non football'

If your router got hacked then you might be able to post on this or any other site.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 11
Kris2
May 25, 2021, 3:45am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
It's an interesting horror story and reminder to change passwords for routers and anything else connected online such as security IP cams and so on. Bit unlikely though unless it was a neighbour, even parking outside the house they might not get a connection. Usually in these cases the simplest explanation is the solution so if I was them I'd be checking up on friends, relatives anyone who stayed over and used their WiFi. But it could all be some mad chain of events where somebody was banned from using devices at home so was stealing WiFi in their car to access images online, the usual M.O of these types of people is to sit at home and hide all their disgusting child abuse images.

My guess is they know somebody into that stuff and had no idea they looked at it at their place.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 11
Marinerdan
May 25, 2021, 7:17am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +15 / -1
Approval: +970
Gold Stars: 17
Just to bring it tangentially back to football.... Mansfield Town’s owners One Call Insurance currently have a huge problem after being hacked.

They have been hit by a Ransomware attack and have been unable to access any client information. The hackers are asking for £15m!

UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 11
pen penfras
May 25, 2021, 7:44am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -126
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Kris2
It's an interesting horror story and reminder to change passwords for routers and anything else connected online such as security IP cams and so on. Bit unlikely though unless it was a neighbour, even parking outside the house they might not get a connection. Usually in these cases the simplest explanation is the solution so if I was them I'd be checking up on friends, relatives anyone who stayed over and used their WiFi. But it could all be some mad chain of events where somebody was banned from using devices at home so was stealing WiFi in their car to access images online, the usual M.O of these types of people is to sit at home and hide all their disgusting child abuse images.

My guess is they know somebody into that stuff and had no idea they looked at it at their place.

You should contact the police with your theory. I bet they never thought of that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 11
golfer
May 25, 2021, 8:12am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,428
Gold Stars: 116
" Send us £100 or else your No3 bus to the job centre will be diverted to Belarus
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 11
pizzzza
May 25, 2021, 8:12am

Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +20 / -10
Approval: +6,701
Gold Stars: 137
Quoted from Poojah
Only the other day I received a message from a ‘sexy Polish woman’ offering me an iPad Pro in return for a couple of díck photos.  

Here's a couple you could have sent her:

Private Message
Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Password Hack Warning

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.