forza ivano
May 18, 2021, 3:01pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,132
Gold Stars: 265
listened to the latest podcast this morning, and were 3 or 4 interesting bits

firstly they made a comment about changes behind the scene,wouldn't mention any names, but then cryptically talked about not getting bans - obviously that's been overtaken by today's events

Apparently  the Town players didn't hear a thing, not even a text message, from Holloway between the end of last season and returning to pre season training

Elliot Hewitt has been approached by a couple of league clubs

Alex may was originally spotted by a scout from another club who happened to mention to a club official as to who this guy was
Logged Offline
Private Message
mimma
May 18, 2021, 4:22pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,567
Gold Stars: 78
What are you talking about forza?

What bans, and what has happened today that I have missed?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 5
Tommy
May 18, 2021, 4:34pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from forza ivano
Alex may was originally spotted by a scout from another club who happened to mention to a club official as to who this guy was

I've said it before but whoever that individual is, whether an employee of another club or not, needs a medal.

They probably had no idea what a pivotal role they would play in the future of Grimsby Town Football Club. Without the Alex May scandal breaking I really don't think we'd have seen the takeover happen. So i guess whoever leaked it from our end to the local press did an equally good job as that started the turning of the tide.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 5
Son of Cod
May 18, 2021, 4:41pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Quoted from mimma
What are you talking about forza?

What bans, and what has happened today that I have missed?

Yeah, what's happened today?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 5
forza ivano
May 18, 2021, 4:56pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,132
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Son of Cod

Yeah, what's happened today?

with the vacancy of Stadium & Operations Manager being advertised today it looks like the demise of Nick ' I'll ban the lot of you' Dale is imminent, or may already have happened (have to say that there doesn't seem to be an enormous outpouring of sadness and grief at his departure)

PS Tommy - you have a P.M.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 5
diehardmariner
May 19, 2021, 3:45pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,429
Gold Stars: 532
I think a takeover would have happened regardless.

Fenty was ready to sell, that much is evidenced by the article on Cod Almighty that states he basically needs the cash for other reasons.

Whilst 1878 were always interested, I do wonder what dealings were in the offing with May.   Fenty will have known when he was dealing with May of his need to sell, it's just what terms he would have agreed that May that was making him the preferred option as opposed to 1878.

The breaking of the story definitely turned the tide against Fenty and also May.  It made it very clear that the fans wouldn't tolerate a new owner like May and I wouldn't be surprised if he realised it wasn't worth the hassle.

Agree with Tommy, give that person a medal.  A frying pan sized medal at that.
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › couple of snippets from DN35 podcast

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.