Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 25 year season ticket anyone?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 356 Guests

25 year season ticket anyone?

This thread currently has 3,174 views. Print
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Limerick Mariner
May 12, 2021, 6:57pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,693
Gold Stars: 136
Quoted from moosey_club

£1m loss this season, must pay £4.1m loan back before April...that's £5m hole isnt it?

About 5 X 3-bed houses in Wimbledon isn't it? Gy equivalent would be £750k on that basis...

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 34
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2021, 9:56pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

£1m loss this season, must pay £4.1m loan back before April...that's £5m hole isnt it?

No. They can get another loan to pay off the £4. The point is it’s cheaper to sell 500 25 year season tickets.

It’s a bit like your mortgage term coming to an end. You need to get a new mortgage but you don’t call that a ‘hole’.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 34
moosey_club
May 12, 2021, 10:22pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from KingstonMariner

No. They can get another loan to pay off the £4. The point is it’s cheaper to sell 500 25 year season tickets.

It’s a bit like your mortgage term coming to an end. You need to get a new mortgage but you don’t call that a ‘hole’.

But thats not how they are selling it is it ? They want to sell these tickets to become debt free.

However fair play to them in what they have acheived so far in the time they have been formed.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 34
KingstonMariner
May 12, 2021, 10:41pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from moosey_club

But thats not how they are selling it is it ? They want to sell these tickets to become debt free.

However fair play to them in what they have acheived so far in the time they have been formed.

Incorrect. They want to sell these tickets to reduce the cost of the bridging loan. To reduce the cost of interest. They still in effect will ‘owe’ £4m worth of services (on a reducing basis) to the supporters who buy them.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 34
aldi_01
May 13, 2021, 6:02am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the idea is a good one and probably being sold to the fans with much more transparency than those sold at Bradford for example.

I’d imagine they’ll probably get all 500 shifted although I’d imagine they’re using some sort of finance scheme to fund the purchase? Even down there, not many folk have 10/20k stuffed in an account waiting to be spent on a hobby...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 34
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 25 year season ticket anyone?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.