Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation could be the best thing.....
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 140 Guests

Relegation could be the best thing.....

This thread currently has 1,989 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
DB
May 6, 2021, 1:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.44
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +4,049
Gold Stars: 390
Quoted from Sussexmariner
....that can happen to our club at this moment in time.

I’m sure like everybody else I can’t help but feel Stockwood and Pettit will do great things for our club. They both come across as very humble and modest and have a genuine love for our club. I know people say they’re saying all the right things which is fine but look at their history, Stockwood has built up a multi million pound, international company and year after year it has been voted the best company to work for, so he clearly practices what he preaches and pettit has built up a very successful property and investment business.

So here’s the thing, in my opinion, we have a far better chance of doing well and getting promoted next season than if we were staying in league two trying to get out that division. They have said that they will invest on the pitch to get a good competitive team together i.e. promotion.
Can you imagine the momentum Town would have if with all the positivity at the start of the season we start winning games? imagine the away days and the crowds getting back to Blundell Park? etc
I think it would be a lot easier to do that if we were in the national league.

One step back to take two steps forward.

In the words of Victor Mildrew

I don't believe it!

Any relegation is bad, especially when you lose your league status.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
mimma
May 6, 2021, 2:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,574
Gold Stars: 78
Am I right in thinking that their isn't a salary cap in the conference?  We can pay that bit extra for players and if promoted again the league have to ignore any overspend as part of the cap.

Could someone please clarify
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
pen penfras
May 6, 2021, 2:35pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -133
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from mimma
Am I right in thinking that their isn't a salary cap in the conference?  We can pay that bit extra for players and if promoted again the league have to ignore any overspend as part of the cap.

Could someone please clarify

There's no salary cap in NL or L2. It got overruled by some court. I think the old version is still in play, but it's meaningless when a chairman can tick a box saying they will pay any extra themselves.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Relegation could be the best thing.....

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.