6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
louth_in_the_south
April 25, 2021, 9:20am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +25 / -12
Approval: +5,737
Gold Stars: 96
Completely unimpressed when he signed as knew he was past it . Nothing has changed my mind in 2 seasons.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 54
HertsGTFC
April 25, 2021, 9:25am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.24
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +23,121
Gold Stars: 241
On his day he’s a handful and can frighten defenders to death, we’ve not seen enough of those days though in a Town shirt.

You watch he’ll leave in the summer sign for one of our NL competitors, play 30 odd games and score 20+.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 54
April 25, 2021, 9:41am
Guest User
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Think Hanson will probably retire as a player. Can’t see that anyone will give him a contract unless it’s pay as u play.

Agree. To get injured in a warm up says it all. Probably carried this injury for a while. Green was injured, only mentioned it to Hurst once Hanson injured.
Reply: 12 - 54
Mayaman
April 25, 2021, 9:55am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,463
Gold Stars: 74
Quoted from Poojah
I’m gonna be pathetic prophetic and suggest that it’s all written in the stars. Without Hanson, Town have to play a different way and maybe that will be decisive.

Maybe, just maybe, Matt Green will turn out to be the messiah...

How I'd love that.  We looked a bit thin on the ground yesterday.  The lads stuck to their task and we only ended up bringing on one sub. As much as Waterfall gets slated that clearance over our own bar was quality.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 54
Mayaman
April 25, 2021, 9:56am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.92
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +3,463
Gold Stars: 74
I find that when Hanson plays we are too one dimensional.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 54
aldi_01
April 25, 2021, 10:44am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.02
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Hanson has had a career but at town he’s essentially been paid to do very little. Perhaps not his fault but he’s hardly been the player we needed.

Much like Louth, I was underwhelmed when we signed him but you just crack on and support the players, sadly, given the injuries to Hanson, supporting him has been difficult given he’s barely played.

He played excellent against Bolton last week but aside from an unsettled first ten minutes yesterday I think we played better without him and have shown this a few times since he’s been here.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 54
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
April 25, 2021, 11:38am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Mayaman
I find that when Hanson plays we are too one dimensional.

That is true since Clarke left and definitely true since Hurst arrived. It means LJL will be the target now, can’t see much change in the strategy.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 54
Kris2
April 25, 2021, 4:13pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,636
Gold Stars: 136
When he's fully fit he can be an asset it's just that's been few and far between. Similar to how I recall Lee Peacock after he signed for us, you could see there was a player in him but his body was being held together by paperclips at that point and about 10 years past his best. Could also make the argument that LJL serves the same kind of role anyway as a target man and a forward who puts himself about to pressure the defence.
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 54
RonMariner
April 25, 2021, 4:21pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.42
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,918
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from Poojah

Maybe, just maybe, Matt Green will turn out to be the messiah...

He’s not the Messiah he’s just a naughty boy.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 54
Mariner93er
April 25, 2021, 5:16pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +9 / -4
Approval: +4,739
Gold Stars: 28
Think there’s some harsh assessments, thought he was good in his first season, he was winning the headers won stats for the league by a country mile. However, we don’t have the attacking runners or another striker to compliment him, so he’s been largely redundant this season when he’s played. Obviously had his injuries too, but he covers a hell of a lot of ground when he’s played, and keeps running the full 90 so his legs haven’t gone. I suspect yesterday’s injury is the result of the relentless fixture schedule which naturally places players at more risk of injury but especially when I players thrown into it right off the bat of recovering from an injury.

I wouldn’t be opposed to signing him for another year on less money, him or LJL would be good options in the conference but we really need a goal scorer to go alongside them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hanson injury

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.